none
O365 SharePoint Multilingual site

Question

• Hi,

I am using multilingual site with Variation option on O365 SharePoint.

As i observed,

1.custom pages from pages library are not available at destination site.

2.Lists with lookup column are not getting copied to destination site.

Is it limitation with Multilingual conversion ?

Anyone have solution or work around on this one?

Thanks

Vishal

Monday, August 8, 2016 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi Vishal,

For your first question:

Check the Variation Logs to get the detailed information which timer job was run and the results of the timer job:

Custom lists and Libraries are by default not propagated to target labels. To propagate custom list/libraries, go to List and Variations tab, click settings and select labels where custom list needs to be created and synced. Once labels are selected, next Variations Propagate Sites and Lists Job Definition will create list in target labels.

For your second question:

If you want the updates from source site updated to target site quickly, you can run the timer job manually.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 19, 2016 10:18 AM

All replies

• Hi Vishal,

1. custom pages from pages library are available at destination site.

Make sure the page is approved.

Run Variations Propagate Page Job Definition timer job:

Creates and updates pages on target variation sites after a page on the source variation site is approved or after it is manually submitted by a user.

2. Lists with lookup column are getting copied to destination site.

Run Variations Propagate Sites and Lists Job Definition timer job:

Creates variation sites and lists when the Create Everywhere option is enabled.

Here is article about SharePoint 2013 Variations – Creation and synchronization of content between source and target sites:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sharepoint_quick_reads/2013/08/11/sharepoint-2013-variations-creation-and-synchronization-of-content-between-source-and-target-sites/

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 8:28 AM
  • Hi Lisa,

Thank you very much for your response.

I read blog shared in link.

Two questions :

1. I am expecting , while site hierarchy for target site is getting created that time all list/libraries and pages (from Pages library) should be available at Target site.

But this is not happening in my case.

Out of 33 list/libraries from Source site 18 are getting available at target site. I cross checked it with 5 different target sites.

And only one Page (out of 15) in pages library is available at target site i.e. Default.aspx. and that is also not similar to Source site. (* Default.aspx at source site is fully customized page with script editor webpart)

2.  Two timer jobs mentioned in Point 1 and 2 are getting auto run after interval of time. Do I need to run them manually? If yes, can you please share the steps. 

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 3:40 PM
  • Hi Vishal,

For your first question:

Check the Variation Logs to get the detailed information which timer job was run and the results of the timer job:

Custom lists and Libraries are by default not propagated to target labels. To propagate custom list/libraries, go to List and Variations tab, click settings and select labels where custom list needs to be created and synced. Once labels are selected, next Variations Propagate Sites and Lists Job Definition will create list in target labels.

For your second question:

If you want the updates from source site updated to target site quickly, you can run the timer job manually.

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Friday, August 19, 2016 10:18 AM
  • Hi Vishal,

Is there anything update?

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if it helps.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:02 AM