Exchange 2007 sp3 On Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am setting up Exchange 2007 SP3 on server 2008 .  My rediness check works fine but during deployment i get an error on Hub transfer role.

Can i ask you what do i missed because i did similar stuff in another server 2008 machine Updated sp2 Every thing works i can access OWA and Ms outlook 2010. Exchanging  mails between users inside and out side my network and internet.

Both server are 64 bit.

Please let me know . What should i do know because server 2008 x64 is upto date . What am i missing and how to do i rectify this issue.

Thank You

Syed Saqib Ali

Syed Ali
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 7:07 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please post this question with the error message in Exchange Server Deploy forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/threads

Thank you.

Abhijit Waikar - MCSA 2003|MCSA 2003:Messaging|MCTS|MCITP:SA
    • Proposed as answer by Awinish Wednesday, November 23, 2011 3:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Tuesday, November 29, 2011 1:29 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2011 12:21 AM
  • Hello,

The question you have asked is one of the common issue's with a lot of other Exchange 2007 SP3 users. As your questions do not give an understanding of what error are you getting while installing the hub transport role, it could be because of the following reasons (Please check and confirm with these) :

IMP : Are we installing Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2007 OR installing a brand new exchange 2007 which had SP3 components built with in?

1. If you disabled IPv6 from this machine, please make sure you enable it --> Reboot the server & then try installing SP3 again.

2. Please check and part the contents of the ExchangeSetup.log file usually located at C:\ExchangeSetupLogs\ExchangeSetup.log. This will tell us what exactly is going wrong and provide us with evidence that we can troubleshoot on.

3. Stop & Disable and Backup program (say Symantec Backup Exec, etc) and/or any Anti-Virus Software (say Symantec End Point Protection, etc).

4. Please confirm weather this machine is an AD & DNS holder as well or not. If it is, please make sure the Primary DNS pointing on the Network card points to ITSELF.

Hope this help.

Regards,
    Sandesh Dubey.
    -------------------------------
    MCSE|MCSA:Messaging|MCTS|MCITP:Enterprise Adminitrator
    My Blog: http://sandeshdubey.wordpress.com
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 2:19 AM