none
Add Assignment custom field in timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have implemented PS 2010 SEM. We have added a custom field in the task entity for the timesheet view for - Onsite/Offsite. 

On Day 1, if a resource has worked Onsite he selects it from the drop down for Task A and sends his timesheet. Day 2, on the same Task A he selects Offsite and sends timesheet. But on day 2 he can see that he has already entered onsite for the same task. If he changes to Offsite then Day 1 task automatically changes to Offsite.

I feel that because it is entered at the task level it is considering just one option i.e. Onsite or Offsite. 

Is there any way that I can create a custom field at assignment level which freezes everyday so that Day 1 has Onsite and Day 2 has Offsite.

PS - Please don't suggest me to stop using SEM.

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:47 PM

Answers

• What you want is not just an assignment-level field (which you actually do have now), but a time-phased custom field.  Unfortunately, Project Server does not provide a way for you to define time-phased custom fields.  Assuming you don't want to develop a custom solution, you might want to consider re-purposing an existing time-phase field.  The one that comes to my mind is Overtime work.  Most organizations do not use this field.  You could have the resources enter 0 if Offsite, 1 if Onsite.  Just an idea.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Amit.Wairkar Friday, April 26, 2013 7:41 AM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:59 PM

All replies

• What you want is not just an assignment-level field (which you actually do have now), but a time-phased custom field.  Unfortunately, Project Server does not provide a way for you to define time-phased custom fields.  Assuming you don't want to develop a custom solution, you might want to consider re-purposing an existing time-phase field.  The one that comes to my mind is Overtime work.  Most organizations do not use this field.  You could have the resources enter 0 if Offsite, 1 if Onsite.  Just an idea.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Amit.Wairkar Friday, April 26, 2013 7:41 AM
    Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:59 PM
  • That was indeed helpful. Thnx Reid. :)

Cheers, Amit Wairkar

Friday, April 26, 2013 7:41 AM