biometric ignition for motor cycles RRS feed

• Question

•  

hey, im new here and have a big problem with my final project. can anybody help me on how i can convert the output of a biometric scanner and convert it into the input needed to start a motorcycle?

the user starts the motorcycle with the touch of a finger on the scanner. the scanner that my groupmates bought was a MySolutions Touchlink scanner. they said it was recommened by a dealer since it has its own memory. we're planning to use the RS232 connection and attach it to the device that will interpret its signal and convert it to what the motor's electric ignition needs to start. can anyone help me with what possible components i may use for the device?

please, i need it asap....
    Saturday, January 12, 2008 7:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Based on the description, it seems the issue is not related to Windows Vista. Please understand that this forum mainly focuses on Windows Vista related issues. Thus we may not be the best resource to help. If it is a programming issue, you may submit it to our MSDN forums. For you reference, I’ve included the contact information of MSDN as below:

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/default.aspx?siteid=1

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Joson Zhou

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, January 15, 2008 10:01 AM