none
Alerts and Reminders in Project Server through hosted mail server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there.

I'm trying to configure Alerts and Reminders in Project Server 2010 but the users mailboxes are in a hosted environment that only accept authenticated connections.

I've already tried to install a local smtp service and use smarthost to relay mails to hosted server.

Someone know any solution to use Project Server alerts and reminders with an Hosted mail server?

Thanks in advance

Henrique Vargas MCITP: EA | MCTS | MCT
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• SharePoint and Project Server have many service accounts that perform services.  For example, there is a Service Account for Project Server that contacts SQL Server and does SQL updates, and does most of the work.  When you enter PWA, with your profile, you are not running under your ID so much as the Service is running.  Just ask your administrator to give you the name of the service account for Project and that should work for your hosted server.  Lok in the Application Pool if you don't know the name.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:31 PM

All replies

• Have you tried specifying the Service account used by Project as the trusted account during the setup. 

Cheers!

www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:20 PM
  • Hi Michael, what do you mean with "specifying the Service account used by Project as the trusted account during the setup"?
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:27 PM
  • SharePoint and Project Server have many service accounts that perform services.  For example, there is a Service Account for Project Server that contacts SQL Server and does SQL updates, and does most of the work.  When you enter PWA, with your profile, you are not running under your ID so much as the Service is running.  Just ask your administrator to give you the name of the service account for Project and that should work for your hosted server.  Lok in the Application Pool if you don't know the name.

Cheers

www.WhartonComputer.com
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 3:31 PM
  • Michael thanks for answer.

the account that runs the services of the project has no relation with the e-mail, which is outside the organization. Although the authentication server's email is isolated, not being integrated with Active Directory.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 4:08 PM