How to clone windows 7 system RRS feed

• Question

• Several days before, I bought a new computer, as I had always heard from people that the windows 7 system 

crushes sometimes, so I decided to make a copy of my windows 7 system. But I didn't know how to

clone windows 7 system, so I asked one of my friends for help who has much more experiences on 

computer than me. And he suggested me to use Easeus todo backup software. I tried and I successfully 

cloned my system. But I am wondering whether this software is suitable for each type of operating system. Is there anyone knnows about that?

• Moved by Mandy Ye Monday, December 16, 2013 8:22 AM not support
    Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:38 AM

Answers

All replies

• I want to have my windows 7 system backup, but I don't how to clone a windows 7 system, someone recommend Easeus todo backup, a free software, but I don't know if it is trustable, is there anyone knows about that software?

• Merged by 暁北 Tuesday, December 17, 2013 12:12 PM the same
    Friday, December 13, 2013 5:33 AM
  • Clone and backup are different procedures:

1. Backup is either native or you can use third party software (like from Acronis) to backup content of HDD or its partition to another medium (eg external disk)

2. Cloning means creating identical installation on other computer(s), which avoids vanilla plain installation(s). Cloning should be preceded by sysprep with copy profile. After sysprep process has finished, you should not start target computer where sysprepping has been done. Instead you transfer content of disk to another computer  or computers, restart computer(s) and let them to go through "postinstallation" process.

HTH

Milos

Saturday, December 14, 2013 12:07 AM
  • You can also use Norton ghost.

Arnav Sharma | Facebook | Twitter Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Saturday, December 14, 2013 2:21 PM
  • You can safely use EasyUS Todo backup

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

This is simplified version from enterprise one. It has good references.

For more detailes contact product community.

Be aware of limits of this solution when compared with payed versions:

Upgrade to complete backup solution

Function Todo Backup
    Free Home Workstation
    Differential backup - Yes Yes
    Outlook email backup and restore - Yes Yes
    Windows 7 Libraries backup/restore - Yes Yes
    Remotely controlled by Central Management Console - - Yes
    Recover to dissimilar hardware - - Yes
    System snapshot - Yes Yes
    P2V copy/P2V recovery - - Yes
    Free Tech Support Service - Yes Yes
    Business Usage - - Yes
    Price - was $29.00
    Now $23.20
    was $39.00
    Now $31.20
      Download Now Upgrade Now Upgrade Now

Regards

Milos

Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:00 AM
  • In addition to previous post consider Windows ADK (Windows 8), which are free Microsoft tools for deployment of  operating system. Tools are appropriate for larger number of cloned machines, because of some effort to manage them (learning curve). For overview see:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/hh825486.aspx

For download

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39982

Regards

Milos

PS: Older tool WAIK (Windows 7)

Sunday, December 15, 2013 10:19 AM
  • Sunday, December 15, 2013 3:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, December 23, 2013 7:46 AM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:07 AM