App-V 5.0 Sp3 created Acrobat DC - Got error “unable to find ‘Adobe PDF’ resource files" when creating pdf from docx/xls file through right click context menu option in office 365 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Have followed the exact steps as detailed in the following link for converting Adobe Acrobat DC standard using App-V 5.0 Sp3.

App-V Deployment: Acrobat DC — Enterprise Administration Guide

Have installed the supplementary MSI after publishing the sequenced package. But when trying to convert any word, excel or ppt (o365 2016) files to Adobe PDF using context menu option (rightclick) we are seeing this issue. “unable to find ‘Adobe PDF’ resource files”. Have any one successfully managed to make this work?

NOTE : This issue happens only with sequenced package. This context menu conversion works fine with office 2010 integration.

(Please click on Vote as Helpful and/or Mark as Answer, if it has helped you.)

MVP - Windows and Devices for IT

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 29, 2016 11:57 AM

All replies

• So since no one has come back with anything more useful...

Why SP3? :)  Probably be a good idea to redo in 5.1.

I have had mixed results so far with the DC App-V package using the supplementary MSI.  We are going through it now.  What version is your client?  If you are using anything less then 5.1 HF 4 and O365 C2R in my opion you will have problems.
    We also had to add a reg key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide
    AllowJitvInAppvVirtualizedProcess = 1 (dword)

in order for C2R to see either the VREG or the VFS from our App-V 5 packages.  App-V 4 BTW with C2R is broken.

Monday, October 17, 2016 8:18 PM
  • Hi agallucci,

Did you add the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide
    AllowJitvInAppvVirtualizedProcess = 1" on the client side?

Thanks,

Bob

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:51 PM
  • Hi,

Yes we are using the AllowJitvInAppvVirtualizedProcess=1 key.  We are an O365 shop, and in short many many things were just flat out broken without that key.
    I haven't heard any bad side effects of using it, but its still (to my knowledge)poorly documented by MS.  Also FYI we are using Acrobat DC, and it has a few shortcomings compared to the native MSI install but it works well.  Had to do some crazy workarounds to get it to work in our user targeting FI environment.  If you want to know what I did I'll be more then happy to post it.

Friday, May 11, 2018 5:06 PM
  • Hi agallucci,

I was looking into this "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ClickToRun\OverRide" and do not see this path in the registry.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Bob

Monday, June 4, 2018 2:12 PM
  • this key is designed to enable appv/c2r double hooking, you need to create this key manually if it is not present.
    Monday, June 4, 2018 4:53 PM
  • FYI - Last I heard, Adobe will provide support for customers that are using App-V to deploy.  You might also try them for support.

Tim

App-V MVP & CTP Fellow. Author of AppV books: PowerShell with App-V 5, The Application Book, & Window Caching (http://www.tmurgent.com/Books)

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:19 PM