0xc000007b error for games RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Dear Tech Support I am using Windows on 64 bit version. At the moment I am experiencing 0x000007b error after launching games. I have updated Windows 10 to the latest version, Re-installed video drivers tried to change SATA settings from boot menu, and at last I have reinstalled Visual studio. I am still having this trouble. Could you please advise the solution?

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 11:55 AM

Answers

• Hello

This issue can almost be caused by DirectX components or the display card driver.

Please first check updates for your display card driver from manufacturer's website.

Run SFC /scannow command as admin, to see if there is any components related DirectX are corrupted in CBS.log.

Regards, Regin Ravi

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

0xc00007b error means the application was unable to start correctly.

In general, this error comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Please check your game’s version, reinstall proper version of your game to see the result.

Then, installing latest .NET framework and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime

In addition, this game may need previous DirectX product, such as DX9 or DX11, install them to test.

There is a similar case can be regarded as a reference, have a look

0xc000007b Error

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/9833-0xc000007b-error.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hello

This issue can almost be caused by DirectX components or the display card driver.

Please first check updates for your display card driver from manufacturer's website.

Run SFC /scannow command as admin, to see if there is any components related DirectX are corrupted in CBS.log.

Regards, Regin Ravi

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:36 PM
  • Hi,

0xc00007b error means the application was unable to start correctly.

In general, this error comes from mixing up 32bit environment with 64bit one. For example 32bit application loads a 64bit dll causing 0xc000007b error.

Please check your game’s version, reinstall proper version of your game to see the result.

Then, installing latest .NET framework and Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime

In addition, this game may need previous DirectX product, such as DX9 or DX11, install them to test.

There is a similar case can be regarded as a reference, have a look

0xc000007b Error

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/9833-0xc000007b-error.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 6:52 AM