none
User unable to create recurring events on public calendar. RRS feed

• Question

• As the title says, I have a user that is unable to create recurring events on a public calendar.

I have given full rights to the user even as owner and it still will not create recurring events.

I'm convinced its a permissions issue, but have no idea where to look any more. I've temporarily added the user in domain admins just to test, and it works! Why would this fix it? Why is being set as owner of the calendar not enough?

She just keeps getting "You do not have permission to modify some or all of these items in this folder."

Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:08 PM

Answers

• You might try creating a new folder and seeing if the problem is present.  If not, move all the content to the new folder, rename it and delete the old one.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Marked as answer by ZachWehrli Friday, March 14, 2014 9:52 PM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 3:29 PM

All replies

• What version, service pack and update level of Exchange?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:19 PM
  • What version, service pack and update level of Exchange?

I meant to include that in my post. oops.

Exchange 2007 SP3

Just installed sp3 2 days ago. That did not fix the issue either. :/

Edit: oh, I also failed to mention its not just 1 user. There are a few of them with the same issue.
    • Edited by ZachWehrli Friday, March 14, 2014 5:20 AM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 5:19 AM
  • What rights does she have on the folder?  You might try revoking her rights, then adding them back.

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:06 AM
  • What rights does she have on the folder?  You might try revoking her rights, then adding them back.

Rights were set to Publishing Editor.

I changed the permissions to none and even removed folder visible. Confirmed she had no access and added them back. Still fails.

Then removed user account from permissions list, confirmed, added back, tested, failed.

Friday, March 14, 2014 2:12 PM
  • You might try creating a new folder and seeing if the problem is present.  If not, move all the content to the new folder, rename it and delete the old one.

• Marked as answer by ZachWehrli Friday, March 14, 2014 9:52 PM
    Friday, March 14, 2014 3:29 PM
  • I created a new calendar under All Public Folders and the user was able to create recurring events. 

The calendar in question is very large and has thousands of entries. Is there a simple way to move/copy calendar entries to a new one?

Friday, March 14, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Change the view to List and you'll get everything in one window, which is pretty easy to drag and drop to the new folder.  Sort by date and you can lop off the old events, but don't lop off the recurring events. Recurring events are grouped separately, so that is easy to avoid.

Friday, March 14, 2014 4:46 PM
  • Ok. Thank you for your help. I'll have to schedule with the users to create a new one.
    Friday, March 14, 2014 5:34 PM
  • If you copy the contents, it's non-destructive and then you can then tell the users to use the new folder.  Then delete the old one.

Please feel free to mark my posts as helpful or the answer as appropriate.

Friday, March 14, 2014 6:50 PM