none
default server: unknown RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have additional domain controller in remote site, and there is an power failure over there and that server keep shout down because of that. Now users start to complain about the not able to get IPs from DHCP, i do restart DHCP and then work fine, but now a days, if i ping the server name i will get no replay, but with server IP everything is fine, i tried NSLOOKUP the result was default server: unknown, if i restart the server, then server name will ping fine and NSLOOKUP will work also but after a while the same issue will happen again.

On DNS server, DC ip is listed in Interfaces, and on zones servers name is listed also.

IPV6 is disabled.

In DNS we have lots of Zones and reverse zone also, should i crate record in revers lookup zone?

• Edited by IICO2022 Sunday, April 3, 2016 7:14 AM
    Sunday, April 3, 2016 7:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Dns resolvation,

In addition to the above, you may check if re-install the NIC driver in the DNS server and run ipconfig/flushdns on client and dns.exe/clearcache on DNS server could help.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you please show us result of ipconfig /all command from the computer that is affected by the problem?

Is the problem only happening on computers in remote site?

Regards

Sunday, April 3, 2016 8:14 AM
  • Hello,

We have additional domain controller in remote site, and there is an power failure over there and that server keep shout down because of that. Now users start to complain about the not able to get IPs from DHCP, i do restart DHCP and then work fine, but now a days, if i ping the server name i will get no replay, but with server IP everything is fine, i tried NSLOOKUP the result was default server: unknown, if i restart the server, then server name will ping fine and NSLOOKUP will work also but after a while the same issue will happen again.

On DNS server, DC ip is listed in Interfaces, and on zones servers name is listed also.

IPV6 is disabled.

In DNS we have lots of Zones and reverse zone also, should i crate record in revers lookup zone?

Hi

Please post unedited "dcdiag" and "ipconfig /all" results on OneDrive....

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees,and confers no rights. Best regards Burak Uğur

Sunday, April 3, 2016 9:35 AM
  • Hi Dns resolvation,

In addition to the above, you may check if re-install the NIC driver in the DNS server and run ipconfig/flushdns on client and dns.exe/clearcache on DNS server could help.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 4, 2016 1:43 AM