none
Can't print headers RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have several projects with headers, but the print preview doesn't show them. When I print the projects, the headers don't appear neither. But when I go to the header dialog box, the headers are just there. I'm using MSProject 2010 (SP1 installed), but the projcts were created in MSProject 2007. Help please!!!

Regards,

Federico

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:57 PM

Answers

• Hrishi and John,

I think I found the answer...

First I tried John's suggestion, but it wasn't a compatibylity issue, at least not of that kind.

Then I changed the upper margin. I set it to 0 cm, and a tiny image appeared in the upper left corner of the print page. My header had that image, so it seemed like the image was causing the problem. I eliminated it and I heard a heavenly music and the screen of my computer started to glow.... the rest of the header suddenly appears.... :p

Seriously, I put back the image selecting it from my hard drive (a jpg file), in 2010, and I got the header back the same as it was when created in 2007. Now I can see it in the print review as well as in the printed copy.

Thank you very much!!

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:43 PM

All replies

• are you able to print projects with headers created in 2010?

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 21, 2012 12:21 AM
  • Hrishi, the projects I create in 2010 work just fine. I have no trouble printing, and the headers are there. It only happens with the projects I created before in 2007. Thanks for your reply :)
    Friday, September 21, 2012 2:36 PM
  • Federico,

If you still have Project 2007, it is updated with the SP3 update? If not, update it, (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/ee748587), and re-save your Project 2007 files. Then try opening in Project 2010. In the early version of Project 2010 several compatibility issues existed between Project 2010 and previous versions. Service pack updates resolved most of those compatibility issues.

If you no longer have Project 2007, use Save As in Project 2010 to fully convert your Project 2007 project files and then try Print Preview. If you are opening your Project 2007 files in Project 2010 in compatibility mode, you don't have the full benefits of Project 2010 file structure and that may be limiting print capabilities

Don't know if either of these suggestions will help but its something to try.

John

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:04 PM
  • Hrishi and John,

I think I found the answer...

First I tried John's suggestion, but it wasn't a compatibylity issue, at least not of that kind.

Then I changed the upper margin. I set it to 0 cm, and a tiny image appeared in the upper left corner of the print page. My header had that image, so it seemed like the image was causing the problem. I eliminated it and I heard a heavenly music and the screen of my computer started to glow.... the rest of the header suddenly appears.... :p

Seriously, I put back the image selecting it from my hard drive (a jpg file), in 2010, and I got the header back the same as it was when created in 2007. Now I can see it in the print review as well as in the printed copy.

Thank you very much!!

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:43 PM
  • Federico,

Thanks for sharing the resolution

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, September 21, 2012 4:04 PM
  • Fredrico,

You're welcome and I especially like the part about hearing music and seeing the light. Those "aha" moments are always refreshing when you're feeling frustrated and defeated.

I think you can give yourself credit for answering this one.

John

Friday, September 21, 2012 4:19 PM