none
Time Change on agents RRS feed

• Question

• we have a secondary network (untrusted) that we are protecting (mixture of VHD's, Server 2008r2, Server 2003, etc).  Everything was fine until we found out the time was off by 6 minutes on that network.  Changed the time to sync with our primary, and low and behold, the agents stopped responding!!!!  Do I have to reinstall the agents on that network??  If I do, will lose the protection that I already have (goes back a month)??

thanks......

Friday, March 11, 2011 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In an untrusted domain, we don't use kerberos, just lanman authentication, so It should be less sensitive to time variances.  I'm not sure why the error state after adjusting the time. You should not have to re-install agents, try just rebooting the clients, elst try updating the passwords to get them to sync again.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff634196.aspx

Example 1

Changing the password when the computer was protected using NetBIOS name.

On the protected computer, run SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName Server01 -isNonDomainServer –UpdatePassword

On the DPM server, run Update-NonDomainServerInfo –PSName Finance01 –dpmServerName Server01.

When prompted, provide the same password as the one you provided in Step 1.

Example 2

Changing the password when the computer was protected using FQDN.

On the protected computer, run SetDpmServer.exe -dpmServerName Server01.corp.contoso.com -isNonDomainServer -UpdatePassword

On the DPM server, run Update-NonDomainServerInfo –PSName Finance01.worlwideimporters.com –dpmServerName Server01.contoso.com.

When prompted, provide the same password as the one you provided in Step 1.

Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 3:01 PM