Lync 2010 - Call Could Not be Put on Hold RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

All users enabled for EV are experiencing an issue with CALL Hold. When a call comes in and a person with the lync client or attendant console picks up , he/she can transfer the calls to someone else using the Arrow however not able to put calls on hold or use consult transfer. 

After enabling the MOH, i noticed that the after pressing the hold button, caller listen MOH for 2 seconds and Lync client shows the following error -

CALL COULD NOT BE PUT ON HOLD.

and with this, the client mic and speakers go on  mute. Removing this mute sometimes worked (call continue but not able to put on hold) and sometimes resulted in a dropped call. 

In our setup we have, Mediation Servers -> HLB -> AudioCodes Mediant 1000 SBC -> SIP Trunk. 

In SIP Trunk config, Media Bypass and REFER are disabled, whereas encryption support level is set to REQUIRED.

Tracing shows following Errors -

SIP/2.0 491 Gateway side reinvite failed, pass result to Proxy.

FROM: ""<sip:+xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.com;user=phone>;tag=e86ee71424;epid=2a2f072760
    TO: <sip:+xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.com;user=phone>;epid=339DB936E4;tag=14646aa3d
    CSEQ: 1 INVITE
    CALL-ID: c775065f-ab70-4a4d-9727-c9a55f5c568d
    CONTENT-LENGTH: 0
    SUPPORTED: replaces
    SUPPORTED: ms-safe-transfer
    SUPPORTED: ms-bypass
    SUPPORTED: 100rel
    SUPPORTED: timer
    SERVER: RTCC/4.0.0.0 MediationServer
    ms-endpoint-location-data: NetworkScope;ms-media-location-type=intranet
    ms-diagnostics: 10491;source="xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.comt";reason="Gateway responded with 491 Request Pending";component="MediationServer"
    ms-diagnostics-public: 10491;reason="Gateway responded with 491 Request Pending";component="MediationServer"
    Session-Expires: 1800;refresher=uac
    Min-SE: 90

I noticed that the initial INVITE is acknowledged by the mediation server. Why they have to send a re invite?

Can anyone suggest me any possible solution to this problem?

Thank you. 

Regards,

H

Saturday, May 25, 2013 9:02 AM

All replies

• did you try to turn off media bypass on lync server and see if that fixes the issue?

if so, you have media bypass config issue on gateway.

+Say thanks and observe basic forum courtesy:
    +If this post answered your question, Mark As Answer
    +If this post was helpful, Vote as Helpful

windowspbx blog: my thots/howtos
    see/submit Lync suggestions here: simple and public

Saturday, May 25, 2013 3:20 PM
  • Hi Matt, 

As I mentioned before, On Lync server (In Trunk configuration), Media Bypass and REFER are already disabled, whereas encryption support level is set to REQUIRED.

can you think of any other config setting?

Thanks.

H.

Saturday, May 25, 2013 4:27 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem and I'm struggling already few weeks to find a solution. My timing is slightly longer and I cannot retrieve call from hold (or put it on hold) after 30 seconds (around 32 actually).

Message I receive on Lync client: Call could not be put on hold.

Running Skype for Business On-Premise Server with the latest patches available.

I've noticed it is 3 years old post and wonder if anyone successfully fixed this (I know it is the configuration issue and not a bug). I have Asterisk server as SIP proxy to our phone carrier.

Start-Line: SIP/2.0 491 Gateway side reinvite failed, pass result to Proxy.
    CSeq: 2 INVITE
    ms-diagnostics: 10014;source="<lync server>";reason="An internal exception received while processing the incoming request";component="MediationServer"

Celox Group - Cloud Provider

Tuesday, December 22, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Hi.

I'm just experiencing the exact same issue. Please can I ask if you got this fixed?

Thanks

Matt

Friday, October 21, 2016 5:01 PM
  • Hi H. 

Did you ever manage to get this fixed?

Thanks

J.

Friday, October 28, 2016 5:13 AM