none
Restore Project Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I used the "Backup-SpSite" command to take backup of SharePoint 2010. There is a Project Server on the SharePoint. I can not enter project web app after I restore backup. It writes "An unexpected error has occured"  on the screen. Do you have any idea?

Thanks

Friday, March 8, 2013 7:11 PM

Answers

• I solved my problem with creating new pwa and then restoring databases. Thanks for the answers.
    • Edited by 12345abcd Monday, March 11, 2013 3:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by 12345abcd Monday, March 11, 2013 3:08 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:06 PM

All replies

• This is not the way you backup and restore Project Server. What are you trying to achieve?

Here is the link on similar topic

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd207301(v=office.14).aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, March 8, 2013 8:49 PM
  • Thanks for the answer. Isn't there a way to save projects?
    Saturday, March 9, 2013 8:13 AM
  • In server settings, the "Administrative backup" always you to specify number of versions.  This will also backup if published projects have been saved since last backup.

Cheers!

Michael Wharton, MVP, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCTS, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com
    Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Sunday, March 10, 2013 2:35 AM
  • What i mean is we have already restored the backup and now when we try to enter to project site, it writes "An unexpected error has occured" on the screen. Is there a way to save projects or we have lost them all?
    Monday, March 11, 2013 6:41 AM
  •  yes,as described before this is not the way you restore pwa,please refer TechNet article provided above.before moving forward take full farm backup and SQL db backup.to gain access to pwa site first we need to check what is the status of pwa site, should be as provisioned,please check

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, March 11, 2013 6:49 AM
  • Manage Service Applications > Project Server Service Application Status is started. Am i looking at the right place? Sorry; I am new to project server.
    Monday, March 11, 2013 7:52 AM
  • When I click on Project Server Service Application, It says "There are no items to show in this view" and "Project server provisioning timer job status: Online." 
    • Marked as answer by 12345abcd Monday, March 11, 2013 3:07 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by 12345abcd Monday, March 11, 2013 3:08 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 9:29 AM
  • I solved my problem with creating new pwa and then restoring databases. Thanks for the answers.
    • Edited by 12345abcd Monday, March 11, 2013 3:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by 12345abcd Monday, March 11, 2013 3:08 PM
    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:06 PM