Install Lord of the Rings on ext SSD F:\ drive until I play game then no ABC files or screen shots they go to my old E:/ drive ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom gaming computer.  I play one game:  Lord of the Rings.  It takes up quite a bit of space I keep the basic High Rez Installer Files on my E: Drive (maybe this is the problem).  I am not sure.  Using W7 Home Premium 64-bit.

3 drives:  E:  drive is old 500 GB monster I only want to use for back up.  C: is nice 60 GB Internal SSD.  F:  is newest 128 GB SSD.

Okay:  I have windows and ventrilo and firefox all on C:  and yes I did download LOTRO to my F: drive.

The issue is that when I take screen shots a new Lord of the Rings file seems to "appear by magic" and then I find my screenshots and an empty music folder where?  in my E: drive?  What is going on?  Please help what took over my drives! 

I7 MB (MSI) brand new MSI 5870 graphics card, Lian Li case, works great, 1000 watt power source and I play via HDMI to 42 inch LED TV.  This game makes HDTV look bad.

Anyhow, how do I fix this?  Thanks!

Friday, October 29, 2010 2:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This is not a Windows 7 system issue. All the behaviors are caused by the game program. I suggest you discuss in the game related forums.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, December 3, 2010 3:29 AM
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:18 AM