none
DPM 2016 File server backup RRS feed

• Question

•  I have an issue that I am struggling with!! we have a file share of 3tb, when this is added to DPM the replica is created but then every file recovery is the same size of the replica, so after 8 recovery points the data consumed is 25tb.... I thought DPM recovery points are changes of the replica and not a full replica at that point.  Cannot find anything on this anywhere.

Monday, July 9, 2018 2:19 PM

Answers

• House Keeping - closing old post.

I have never heard of this before.  You are correct, each incremental sync will only bring over blocks that have changed since the last incremental sync and applied to the files on the replica.  The recovery point size will be the sum of the "unique" blocks that were applied to the replica for all incremental syncs between recovery point times.  What you are describing is that over the course of the incremental syncs, all the blocks changed - you can verify by looking at the amount of data transferred during each incremental sync.

Regards
    Mike Jacquet

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 3, 2020 7:55 PM