none
Summary task calculation problem (2010) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a summary task which does not end on the same date as the total of the work tasks contained within

It is auto scheduled, and the project is set to auto calculate after every edit

When I click on the task concerned using Task Inspector, it tells me it cannot figure out what is driving the summary and to press F9

Clearly that is just a manual version of auto calculate, but it does absolutely nothing to fix the problem

please can someone help!

Thursday, March 14, 2013 2:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If really the summary task is auto-scheduled, I suspect you have links betwen summary tasks, and that you have moved a task from one summary task into an other one.

Delete the links betwee summary tasks one by one until calculation goes back to mormal.

Greetings,

Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:06 PM
  • To add a suggestion on the off-chance that you come across the problem again and need to diagnose the cause, you need to find the task that has the same finish date as the summary task. Make sure you are using a view (such as the Gantt Chart) with no filters. Then filter for finish date using that of the summary task and see if you get any detailed tasks (not just work tasks, maybe milestones).
    Friday, March 15, 2013 2:49 AM