none
Add Hard Drive to Storage Pool Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Good Afternoon All

I have just upgraded the internal HDD of our DPM 2007 Server to a 1TB Drive.  In windows explorer this drive is showing as completely empty and free to use (931GB).  I then go to the storage pool in DPM 2007 and add the drive to the pool and it says that there is only 2.71MB of free space on the drive. This is before i have allocated any protection groups to the drive or anything.

If i then try and create a protection group to save onto that drive it says there is not enough space.  The amount of data that is in the protection group is only about 96GB spread across two servers with DPM 2007 installed on a separate server.

Thank you in advance

Frosty

Thursday, February 3, 2011 1:43 PM

Answers

• Frosty,

You say the drive is completely empty.  I believe it should not be formatted at all so you shouldn't see it in Windows Explorer. 

DPM will take care of that when yo add it in.

Go to Disk Management and delete that partition on whatever drive it is.  Be careful to chose the right hard drive.

Peter Jam
    • Marked as answer by NAOC CIS Friday, February 4, 2011 12:09 AM
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:52 PM

All replies

• Frosty,

You say the drive is completely empty.  I believe it should not be formatted at all so you shouldn't see it in Windows Explorer. 

DPM will take care of that when yo add it in.

Go to Disk Management and delete that partition on whatever drive it is.  Be careful to chose the right hard drive.

Peter Jam
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 8:52 PM
  • Peter

That's brilliant thank you very much for your help.  That sorted it straight away.

Thank you again

Frosty

• Unmarked as answer by NAOC CIS Friday, February 4, 2011 12:09 AM
    Friday, February 4, 2011 12:09 AM