Application BITS download RRS feed

• Question

• I'm testing BITS throttling for deployment of Applications and packages to our clients remote offices and cannot seem to get applications to download using the throttled settings.  When I start the installation the files start to download as though there are no restrictions in place and maxes out the network link.  If I start a package installation this works as expected and the files are downloaded without maxing the network link.

Is there something specific you need to do to get applications to adhere to the throttling settings or am I missing something really simple?  The IIS logs show BITS traffic it just seems to be ignoring the throttled settings.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 7:50 AM

All replies

• I know there is a newly identified issue with Software Updates download not being throttled -- this may also affect applications as the two are very similar content wise. You should open a case with CSS to verify.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 1:26 PM
  • I've read the same thing on another forum, but can't find it now.  They ended up using bandwidth throttling in IIS for the individual Application Catalog website.  Not my recommendation, but that's what they implemented. 

Best, Jacob I'm a PC.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:11 PM