Outlook 2010 issue. Meeting time off by 1 hour RRS feed

• Question

• I have an End User in Luxembourg on a different Exchange Server other than the corporate server here in the Central United States. If I send him a meeting request for 9 a.m. CST (Central Standard Time), the request time should adjust by 7 hours since he's in Luxembourg which I believe is GMT (Greenich Mean Time). So the request should show up at 4 p.m. his time, right? Unfortunately, it shows 3 p.m. his time. The end user has missed important meetings and discussions stemming from this issue. I recently had him run the Timezone Daylight Savings Update Mode, as well as the Permanent Timezone Move Mode applications but to no avail or resolution. Any assistance or suggestions in this matter would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Monday, November 19, 2012 8:08 PM

All replies

• Please check the DST setting(Control Panel > Date and time) both in sender site and in recipient site. See the picture:

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Friday, December 7, 2012 6:54 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Friday, December 7, 2012 6:54 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:16 AM
  • I have verified your suggestion. This box was and still is checked. This issue is still present. I'm welcome to more suggestions. Thanks!
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:29 PM
  • Sorry I didn't specify that the End User verified that his box is checked as well. Thanks!
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 3:32 PM
  • Test further:

1. Does it happen again when they send/receive through OWA?

2. If you send a message to her co-worker who is located in the same area or store in the same DB, is the time correct?

This tool may help you:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667

Thanks.

Tony Chen

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:38 AM
  • 1. He doesn't have an owa account. I do, but he's on a different email server.

2. I sent a meeting invite to another user in the same office. The time was off as well.

I've already downloaded, installed and instructed the user to do the same concerning the application you just recommended. He has but the issue remains.

Please keep the suggestions coming. Thanks!

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:56 PM
  • 1. He doesn't have an owa account. I do, but he's on a different email server.

Can he log onto his email account through another web-based access? I just want to check if the time of his mailbox account is correct from another entry or machine.

Tony Chen

Friday, November 30, 2012 5:55 AM
  • Jlrose

I ran your problem through a time calculator which gave the result 3pm see link. Luxemburg is on CET (UTC +1) CST is UTC - 6.  If you're in day view of your calendar right click the timescale and in the Change Time Zone option you can display a second time zone.  It might help to get people together at the same time.

G North MCT

Friday, November 30, 2012 4:44 PM
  • Unfortunately, no. He doesn't have any web based access.
    Friday, November 30, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Have you checked his Outlook Time zone setttings he is obviously working in UK time? Maybe he's accidentally changed them or possibly his machine (Windows OS) is operating on the wrong time zone.

G North MCT

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:41 PM