Windows 10 Couldn't Find SSD RRS feed

• Question

• I am building a new computer and after i installed all the hardware and made sure everything is complete I turned it on and made sure all of the hardware was accounted for and made sure my 500GB SSD was in there, when trying to install windows 10 i could make it to the screen where i had to choose where to put windows 10 on and it gave me an error message saying it could not find any drivers. I've tried everything i could and saw online, I've change the USB to every single port on my computer, I've pulled it out and put it back in again, and I've downloaded driver controllers on other flashdrives. I have been stuck on this problem for about 2 days now trying to look at every forum online and every youtube tutorial and even asking the IT guys at work and no one seems to know whats wrong with it.
    Tuesday, July 31, 2018 10:38 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your situation , I suggest you:

1Make sure your bios settings are correct. Please change SATA Mode to AHCI and Boot Mode to UEFI  and also disable Security Boot. (The names displayed in the BIOS of different motherboards may be different.)

If your SSD cannot be recognized in BIOS, please insert it into other hard disk interface or check hardware compatibility. In addition, we can install SSD driver during the setup process, let’s save the driver on a USB stick, when you see the error, insert the USB stick for installing the driver first.

2Reinstall Windows 10.

If the issue persists, you could disconnect the HDD (if you have), and reinstall only with the SSD attached. After the installation has completed successfully, turn off your system and reconnect the HDD.

Still I have a question on your issue.  Is your SSD I/O interface SATA or M.2?

If your SSD is M.2, please refer to the following article and check if it can help you:

Can't install Windows 10 on m.2

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3473090/install-windows.html

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 1, 2018 9:55 AM