SCOM Exchange Monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have SCOM 1807 and Exchange 2013 Management Pack 15.0.668.20 

I have setup the monitoring as per the Guide and all seems to be fine now, I have to setup Exchange Synthetic transaction monitoring with the existing setup which i have worked with Exchange 2010 few years back. 

Can someone help with proper document or article, unfortunately i didn't find much info in MP Guide

Thursday, September 27, 2018 8:49 AM

Answers

• You didn't find much info because there is not much to do on the SCOM side :

Exchange 2013 mp works in a radically different way compared to Exchange 2010 mp.

In Exchange 2013, exchange actually monitors itself, including synthetic transactions (this is called managed availability) and SCOM merely displays the result of this monitoring in the console, but doesn't run any actual monitoring.

So if there is something you need to change regarding Exchange 2013 monitoring, it has to be done on Exchange by an Exchange admin, not on SCOM.

• Marked as answer by Juliesmiley Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:50 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:10 AM

All replies

• You didn't find much info because there is not much to do on the SCOM side :

Exchange 2013 mp works in a radically different way compared to Exchange 2010 mp.

In Exchange 2013, exchange actually monitors itself, including synthetic transactions (this is called managed availability) and SCOM merely displays the result of this monitoring in the console, but doesn't run any actual monitoring.

So if there is something you need to change regarding Exchange 2013 monitoring, it has to be done on Exchange by an Exchange admin, not on SCOM.

• Marked as answer by Juliesmiley Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:50 PM
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:10 AM
  • Thanks a lot.
    Thursday, September 27, 2018 4:51 PM