none
After Data Migration My Tasks page is giving error. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using Project server 2007 and sql server 2008 as database.

Have recently created a new PWA instance and restored the production databases for the new instance.Both the instances are in the same domain but on different servers.

everything seemed to be fine after migration.but there were couple of issues

1. when I click on the MY TASKS link in the quick launch,error is coming and redirecting to webpart maintanance page.

2. User not able to create Surrogate timesheet ie when user selects another user name in the dropdown list and submits it..it will redirect to My Timesheet view page..there once you submit the hours it again redirecting to the page where we select the resource name from dropdownlist.

Here is the log file information when accessing the MY Task webpart page.

A runtime exception was detected. Details follow.
    Message: Procedure or function MSP_WEB_SP_QRY_Statusing_ReadStatus has too many arguments specified.

Techinal Details:
    System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Procedure or function MSP_WEB_SP_QRY_Statusing_ReadStatus has too many arguments specified.
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
       at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.DAL.SubDal.FillTypedDataSet(DataSet typedDataSet, String[] tables, SqlCommand sqlCommand)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.DAL.SubDal.FillTypedDataSet(DataSet typedDataSet, String[] tables, String storedProcedureName, SqlParameter[] parameters)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.DataAccessLayer.StatusingDal.ReadStatusTyped(Guid residForSecurity, String residsForStatus, Guid assnid, Int32 filter, Int32 filterCompleted, DateTime mindate, DateTime maxdate, Int32 lcid, Boolean getAllCustomFields, String entTaskCustomFields, String entResCustomFields, String entAssnCustomFields, String localTaskCustomFields, String localResCustomFields, String localAssnCustomFields, Boolean useProjectResources)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Statusing.ReadStatusForStatusingViews(Guid assnid, DateTime mindate, DateTime maxdate)
       at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.WebService.PWA.StatusingReadStatusForStatusingViews(Guid assnid, DateTime mindate, DateTime maxdate)

Did anyone ever came up with such a scenario and found resolution?

Please suggest.

Regards,

Sudhir

Friday, October 22, 2010 3:38 PM

Answers

• The steps which you followed is absolutely not recommended.

1. Take the prod server back up on to the test server local drive.

2. Restore the databases on the SQL server

i. sql management studio--> right click on the Database folder and select restore database.

ii.  Restore databases with the new name.

3. Create a new pwa instance in Test server and provide the restored databases names.

When you provision PWA, lots of synchronization jobs will be executed. It will update the PWA instance as well as all the databases.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Sudhir,

I haven't seen this problem before...

But have you made sure both servers are on the same service pack level for both SharePoint and Project Server, including any cumulative update you might have installed?

I hope this helps,
    Hans

My EPM blog: Projectopolis
    Monday, October 25, 2010 2:41 PM
  • Hi Hans,

Not very sure about the environmental differences because usually the prod and test servers will be in synch interms of patch updates.

Will tell you the activities i carried out fo rthis migration..give your comments.

1. Took the prod server back up on to the test server local drive.

2. Created a new pwa instance in Test server.

3. Deleted the new pwa databases (draft,published,archive,reporting).

4. Restored the production database

i. sql management studio--> right click on the Database folder and select restore database.

ii. While restoring databases ..select the back up file and give the database name as the one which you have deleted earlier.

iii. restore databases with the same names with the deleted databases so that the new pwa instance points to the correct databases.

Please suggest if I need to change my activity plan.

Sudhir

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 4:23 PM
  • The steps which you followed is absolutely not recommended.

1. Take the prod server back up on to the test server local drive.

2. Restore the databases on the SQL server

ii.  Restore databases with the new name.

3. Create a new pwa instance in Test server and provide the restored databases names.

When you provision PWA, lots of synchronization jobs will be executed. It will update the PWA instance as well as all the databases.

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:31 PM
  • Thanks SriRam,

Will try to replicate the steps that u mentioned and let you know if this mightresolve my issue.

Regards,

Sudhir

Thursday, October 28, 2010 3:42 AM
  • Hello Sudhir,

I have seen this error before and never found a solution.   I was playing with forms based SQL authentication on a test server. The error occurred after I made some changes to IIS. When I noticed the error in PWA I tried putting IIS back to where I orginally had it.  I never resolved a fix for it.  In the end I installed and reinstalled SharePoint and Project Server.

I am interested in seeing a fix for this, so please post if you find it.

Cheers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:34 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I have restored production databases in a new server and created a pwa instance which pointed to the restored databases.

Now I dont see that error :-) My Tasks webpart does not give any error now.

Will be deploying again on the server where I was getting this error next week and will update you.

Regards,

Sudhir

Friday, October 29, 2010 3:13 PM
  • Sure, I have the same problem:

A runtime exception was detected. Details follow.  Message: 过程或函数 'MSP_WEB_SP_QRY_Statusing_ReadStatus' 需要参数 '@useProjectResources',但未提供该参数。  Techinal Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: 过程或函数 'MSP_WEB_SP_QRY_Statusing_ReadStatus' 需要参数 '@useProjectResources',但未提供该参数。     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)     at System.Data.SqlClient.Sq... c6dc0ac6-13e8-4637-afb0-e1f7ab461d2b

:( , how to fix this...

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:03 AM