none
Resource Engagements - Permissions RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I am trying to configure Project Online so that we can use Resource Engagements functionality.

I want to give a group of users permissions to create Resource Engagement requests but not to be able to approve or reject requests. I assumed that this would be the Project Managers for Project Web App group. However, a user in this group only has permissions to view the resource centre and cannot view, create, or do anything with resource engagements.

We are using SharePoint Permission mode.

Has anyone else had this problem? Should I be using a different group?

Thanks,

Justin

• Edited by juwill Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:11 AM
    Thursday, March 17, 2016 9:10 AM

Answers

• Ive not tried the Resource Engagements with the SharePoint permission mode but I guess the users will need to be in the Resource Managers or Administators group to do this via the Resource Center in PWA. Project Managers will be able to create the resource engagements from the project plan in Project Professional 2016 when connected to Project Online.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:32 PM
  • Justin,

The project managers will need to use the Resource Engagements on the Project Pro client tool. They will not have rights to do anything on the Resource Engagements part in the PWA side of life. This is by design I think.

I can confirm Pauls information, the resource managers or admin group will be able to use resource engagements on PWA, the Project Managers will be able to use it on Pro client.

Hope this helps,

Erik

• Marked as answer by juwill Friday, March 18, 2016 8:09 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 8:07 AM

All replies

• Ive not tried the Resource Engagements with the SharePoint permission mode but I guess the users will need to be in the Resource Managers or Administators group to do this via the Resource Center in PWA. Project Managers will be able to create the resource engagements from the project plan in Project Professional 2016 when connected to Project Online.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS | MVP | Downloads

Thursday, March 17, 2016 12:32 PM
  • Justin,

The project managers will need to use the Resource Engagements on the Project Pro client tool. They will not have rights to do anything on the Resource Engagements part in the PWA side of life. This is by design I think.

I can confirm Pauls information, the resource managers or admin group will be able to use resource engagements on PWA, the Project Managers will be able to use it on Pro client.

Hope this helps,

Erik

• Marked as answer by juwill Friday, March 18, 2016 8:09 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2016 8:07 AM