none
recovery log/audit RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

would it be possible to logs, monitor a restore/recovery event/attempts and who initiated it in DPM?

tried to use customize report, was able to get recovery event details such as date/time, protection group but not find who initiated.

thank you for your comments and advise.

Friday, August 7, 2015 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The built in reporting in DPM 2012 R2 does not give you the information about who initiated a backup-job, recovery-job, etc.

I know for sure that a SQL-event is logged when a user opens the DPM-console which could be monitored but I'm not sure a restore/recovery attempt is logged with as a user specific event.

If you have unauthorized users performing actions in the DPM-console. Restrict the access to your DPM database via SQL Management Studio down to user level instead of domain security groups (that way no one can get access to DPM by just adding themselves to a group in Active Directory.

I guess this was not the answer you were looking for but unwanted restores can be business critical if performed by someone without the knowledge in what they are doing.

Kind Regards
    Markus

Monday, August 17, 2015 7:23 AM