none
File summaryclasses.xml not being recreated after deletion RRS feed

Answers

• A new inputclass is added to summaryclasses.xml every time a managed property (which contains a summary) is added. If the file is deleted as supposed by some blogs, the indexprofile is not updated when new managed properties are added.

We solved the problem by creating a new summaryclasses.xml file with the following structure:

<?xml version="1.0"
    encoding="utf-8"?>

<summary-input-classes>

</summary-input-classes>

After the change run "NCTRL reloadcfg". Any changes to managed properties will update the file with at new input-class.

Steen Westergaard

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:36 PM

All replies

• A new inputclass is added to summaryclasses.xml every time a managed property (which contains a summary) is added. If the file is deleted as supposed by some blogs, the indexprofile is not updated when new managed properties are added.

We solved the problem by creating a new summaryclasses.xml file with the following structure:

<?xml version="1.0"
    encoding="utf-8"?>

<summary-input-classes>

</summary-input-classes>

After the change run "NCTRL reloadcfg". Any changes to managed properties will update the file with at new input-class.

Steen Westergaard

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:36 PM
  • Hi Steen,

Thanks for the answer. So you're saying the file only gets changed when changing managed properties ? Do I need to redo my initial (managed property) changes again after deleting the file ? Or will they remain valid ?

Thanks

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 10:57 PM
  • After examining the environment it turned out that the fixml taking all the resources was caused by a partial Index Reset. The client didn't clear the "sp" Content Collection on the FAST Server. After doing a fill Index Reset (with Clear-FASTSearchContentCollection -Name <collection name>) the situation stabilized.

Starting the crawls soon filled the summaryclasses.xml which we created per the instructions by Steen above. Not sure if this would have worked if we deleted the file altogether, still, situation is back to normal and I'll mark Steen's reply as answer.

Thursday, January 31, 2013 7:47 PM