none
USB Microsoft Intellimouse stops work, unplug and plug back in and it works. No problems with USB keyboard RRS feed

• Question

• I have had nothing but problems recently with my Microsoft mouse stopped working. I tried everything Microsoft said to do and nothing has taken care of the problem. The problem has to be Windows 8.1's latest updates. I never had the problem prior to loading up the last few updates. What's going on? I just ordered another mouse, I'll see soon if it's a hardware problem.
    Friday, November 1, 2019 6:52 PM

All replies

• Hi

This issue may occur due to corrupt device drivers or settings.

Suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it works.

If it does not help, uninstall and reinstall USB controllers and check. You can follow the steps:

a. Press Windows + X keys and click device manager.

b. In device manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".

c. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.

d. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.

Check if it works.

Have a nice day!

Best regards

Kiki Shi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 4, 2019 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

If any reply is useful for you, please kindly mark it as an answer.

If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Have a nice day^_^

Regards,

Kiki

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:15 AM