none
Can we capture and Sysprep deployed OS RRS feed

• Question

• HI All,

I have  a Windows 7 VM ( Deployed Image ( MDT 2012))  and trying to update.

I have  Sysprep and deployed again.   But deployment failed.

Can we sysprep before sysprep image?

Found Windows Activated  but looking for product key? 

Also found I got only Administrator on that deployed Image and no switch user option after the OS Deployment? ( Its failed but continuous to Login)

( Copy the Test user profile to default and i just delete  the test user keeping only Administrator)

Will Deployment disable the Administrator Account?

AS

• Edited by AUSSUPPORT Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:17 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2013 5:46 AM

All replies

• Could you elaborate further on what is happening, and what you are attempting to achieve?  I'll take a shot at it from what you wrote above, but you'll have to correct me if I misinterpreted your post.  It seems to me that you're using MDT for the first time here, so I'll give you a high level overview of what you need to do.  I would recommend reading the documentation, and checking out the different step by step guides you can find via a quick google search.....

1.  If you deploy an image to a machine (do not join a domain), you should then be able to sysprep and capture via MDT once done customizing.

2.  When you are done customizing your Operating System, map a drive from that machine to your deployment share and then run LiteTouch.wsf

3.  Follow the instructions in the wizard to sysprep and capture your image.

4.  Once the image is captured, you'll need to import the image into the MDT Workbench.

5.  Then you'll need to create a task sequence to deploy the Operating System to another machine.  When you set up the task sequence, it will ask you for the local admin password, Product Key, and some other information. 

6.  Once you have your task sequence created, go to its properties, check out the different tabs at the top of the box that opens up.  Under the Task Sequence tab, you'll find everything from options for partitioning the disks to applying patches.  Configure at will.....

7.  Then click on the OS Info tab, then click on Edit Unattend.xml.  Provided you have installed the Windows Automated Installation Kit, you should then see the Windows Systems Image Manager open.  This is where you can further customize your Operating System image (e.g. Copy default profile for each user that logs in, etc.....)

There are a lot of guides out there that go further in-depth with this.  Hope this gives you some good information as a starting point. 

http://msadministrator.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/mdt-2012-deployment-guide-step-by-step-1-of-11/

Thanks! Nate

Thursday, June 6, 2013 6:14 PM
  • Thanks, I have start over and all good.
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 7:18 AM