Windows 7: Cannot print after IE9 installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a big problem on all Windows 7 on my customer. After IE9 installation, I cannot print !!! I find the problem while sending fax on Windows Fax client but I see that I cannot print also on all Microsoft Office product on all the machines.

The error is:

Line: 2107

Char: 1

Error: Invalid procedure call or argument

Code: 0

URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js

Please, have somebody some ideas ?

Luca Targa Vecomp Software
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 1:20 PM

Answers

• The problem is the java script file preview.js. It may be not compatible with IE 9. You should be able to upgrade it. Please remove the printer and then install the latest printer driver. However I cannot be assure that the latest driver will be compatible with IE 9. You’d better contact the printer manufacturer for more information. 
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Friday, May 6, 2011 7:22 AM
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:22 AM
  • I had the same problem with one of my machines last night. It could print just fine in any other program except IE9. There are a bunch of forum posts out there about it but nothing worked. What ultimately fixed my problem was that I unplugged the printer, went to the Devices and Printers panel in Win7, removed the printer, and then plugged the printer back in. Once it installed the driver again I was fine.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:45 PM

All replies

• The problem is the java script file preview.js. It may be not compatible with IE 9. You should be able to upgrade it. Please remove the printer and then install the latest printer driver. However I cannot be assure that the latest driver will be compatible with IE 9. You’d better contact the printer manufacturer for more information. 
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 7:22 AM
  • I had the same problem with one of my machines last night. It could print just fine in any other program except IE9. There are a bunch of forum posts out there about it but nothing worked. What ultimately fixed my problem was that I unplugged the printer, went to the Devices and Printers panel in Win7, removed the printer, and then plugged the printer back in. Once it installed the driver again I was fine.
    Thursday, April 28, 2011 5:45 PM
  • Solutions just released. Hope this saves everyone some time.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2647169

Worked for me without a reboot.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:33 PM
  • This patch is useless for File Cabinet Software or ANY VERSION OF QUICKBOOKS INCLUDING 2012! Intuit says remove IE9 - MICROSOFT ARE YOU LISTENING!
    Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:52 PM