AD Users and Computers - Win10 RRS feed

• Question

• I have just moved over to windows 10,

I have installed the necessary update and enabled the admin tools.

Yet when I look on the properties of a User account in AD I am only presented with half the tabs I would expect.

These are the only tabs I can see: COM+, Environment, Sessions, Remote Control

And I would normally expect: Member of, General, account, profile...

Have I missed something out when adding the admin tools?

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 11:36 AM

All replies

• What version of Windows 10 are you using? What is the build listed? The reason I ask the latest RSAT does not work and misses tab in the previous 1511 or build 15086 Windows 10.

Not seeing all tabs in AD Users and Computer on new Windows 10 install

RSAT - AD Tools missing tabs

The newer RSAT tools do not work with the older 1511 Windows 10. You will need to uninstall RSAT and install the older tools, or use the newer 1607 Windows 10.

1. Uninstall Windows Update KB2693643 and reboot
    2. Uninstall Windows Update KB3210721 and reboot
    3. Install the older version of the RSAT Tools.  (The version released on Oct 12, 2016 are problematic.)
    4. Go into ‘Control Panel’ – ‘Programs and Features’ – ‘Turn Windows Features on or off’ and verify that Remote System Administration Tools is checked. (All sub features as well)
    5. Start ADAC and it should display the tabs you want without crashing. ADUC will work as expected as well.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:45 PM
  • The build number of the win10 I am on is 10240
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 3:31 PM
  • The build number of the win10 I am on is 10240

Did you mean you check the domain user properties from the RSAT or Server side?

If it's the RSAT, I suggest you upgrade your computer to the latest build, Windows 10 1067.

And then reinstall the latest build RSAT for Windows 10 1067:

Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45520

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 9, 2017 9:24 AM