none
Frequent Authentication Pop-up for the user moving from one site to another RRS feed

• Question

• We have a Win 2012 R2 based Servers across 10 site under a single domain. Each Servers at the site are configured with the role of ADC, DNS and DHCP. Access to the internet is configured with the help of a central firewall located at Headquarter Data center and access to the internet is through user based policy(i.e. user needs to authenticate before accessing the internet). Authentication in firewall is based on the LDAP query.

When a user moves from one site to another site (different LAN segment) he gets authentication popup from firewall to verify himself. But user gets frequent popup and he/she is unable to access Internet until his DNS records from his old site is removed manually.

Please help how can we solve this issue without the need of manual intervention i.e. new DNS record ( new IP address for the system from the new site) for the user needs to be automatically updated in DNS and old record will be automatically deleted. 

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi All,

We have found a temporary solution as is to delete the DHCP records for the system from the previous LAN segment and restart the system.Or the DHCP lease for the user expires from the previous LAN segment.

Can you please tell me the minimum DHCP address lease period and DNS scavenging could be configured for the environment?

Friday, September 1, 2017 12:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Yo Yo Pranav Singh

>>Please help how can we solve this issue without the need of manual intervention i.e. new DNS record ( new IP address for the system from the new site) for the user needs to be automatically updated in DNS and old record will be automatically deleted. 

Please try to shorten lease duration for DHCP clients and then select the options of "Discard A and PTR records when lease is deleted".

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 6:55 AM
  • Hi Candy,

We are having the same default setting in DHCP as mentioned by you. We are not very sure what should be the lease duration because a user may be in 3 places on 3 different days.

Regards,

Pranav Singh

Friday, June 23, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Hi Pranav Singh,

>>Please help how can we solve this issue without the need of manual intervention i.e. new DNS record ( new IP address for the system from the new site) for the user needs to be automatically updated in DNS and old record will be automatically deleted. 

I haven't find a better solution to solve this issue.Based on the complexity and the specific situation, we need do more researches.

If we have any updates or any thoughts about this issue, we will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding and patience.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi All,

We have found a temporary solution as is to delete the DHCP records for the system from the previous LAN segment and restart the system.Or the DHCP lease for the user expires from the previous LAN segment.

Can you please tell me the minimum DHCP address lease period and DNS scavenging could be configured for the environment?

Friday, September 1, 2017 12:09 PM