none
The Group Policy Service failed the logon - Invalid memory access RRS feed

• Question

•  

I can log into safe mode, as I am now - but have only logged in successfully once by turning off user access control. However, every window I opened was not usable, couldn't scroll, click or select anything. Hoping to find a workaround, will post if I do.
    Thursday, December 13, 2007 4:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Let me guess, you're using ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

I had the same issue. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm while i was in safe mode and it fixed it for me.

I'm now enjoying the speed of Vista SP1. No others issues so far.

Stephan

Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:40 AM
  • I was working fine with McAfee and then installed ZoneAlarm. Once I installed ZoneAlarm Internet security Suite the issues started occuring.

Uninstalling ZoneAlarm fixes the issue. I will be raising the issue with Computer Associates who own ZoneAlarm.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Let me guess, you're using ZoneAlarm Security Suite?

I had the same issue. I uninstalled ZoneAlarm while i was in safe mode and it fixed it for me.

I'm now enjoying the speed of Vista SP1. No others issues so far.

Stephan

Thursday, December 13, 2007 5:40 AM
  • Thanks Stephan, I had just reinstalled SP1 and you saved me from reformatting and doing an entirely fresh install of Vista.

Monday, December 17, 2007 3:12 AM
  • I was working fine with McAfee and then installed ZoneAlarm. Once I installed ZoneAlarm Internet security Suite the issues started occuring.

Uninstalling ZoneAlarm fixes the issue. I will be raising the issue with Computer Associates who own ZoneAlarm.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:00 PM