Outlook 2013 not sending and receiving properly RRS feed

• Question

• My outlook used to work fine but about 15 days ago it started mis-behaving

Initially it didn't send and receive according to the timetable (immediately on switch on and then every 5 minutes) but would send and receive after say 15 minutes and sometimes if I did a manual send and receive it would work

Yesterday is stopped sending and receiving manually and it will send and receive but at random times, e.g. yesterday 3 hours after I've switched on.

I've tried opening a new send and receive group, as suggested in the forum, but it didn't help

• Moved by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:55 AM move to dedicated Outlook forum
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:02 AM

All replies

• Update it seems to send alright but it's receiving that's the problem
    Tuesday, January 9, 2018 8:31 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any send/receive error showing in the Send/Receive Progress when we manually pressing Send/Receive All Folders button?

Does this issue continues if try starting Outlook in safe mode? Press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /safe and hit Enter. This could help determine whether the issue was caused by problematic add-ins.

Meanwhile, if there is any error showing, you can also follow this instructions to troubleshoot the issue:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/813514/error-occurs-when-you-send-or-receive-an-email-message-in-outlook-or-o

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, January 12, 2018 9:21 AM
    Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:41 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 18, 2018 9:43 AM