Hold Call from PSTN via Cisco components RRS feed

• Question

• In a Lab Environment we have a Cisco Cube and Callmanager Setup, connected to a Lync Server.

Functionality, like for example, forwarding an external call to a second Lync client works, however, holding a call that came in from the PSTN via these Cisco components to a Lync Client does not work, whereas Holding a lync-internal "Lync Call" originating from a Lync Client going to a second Lync Client does work.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the reason for this?

Thank you very much in Advance,
    Hanno99

Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:11 PM

All replies

• HI,

I gor the same problem. I believe the problem is with the CUBE. If the LYNC client sets the external caller on hold it sends a re-invite to the the CUBE as described in RFC 5359 to set the RTP stream to a=inactice . The CUBE answers with a "trying" which should not be the case. Instead it should answer with a "200 OK". Havn't find a way around this problem yet. As soon we have found a solution I will post it.

REGARDS

CISCOYODA

Friday, April 15, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Hi,

I am having the same issue.  On hold and Call Park will not work with both Client and Device during a PSTN call via a CUBE.

LYNC SBA >SIP> CUBE >SIP Trunk > Carrier

Lync CU4 Update and CUBE (C3900-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(4)M4

Media Bypass enabled.  Disabled Refer and SDP timers etc.

Cheers

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:56 AM
  • Just off the phone from Cisco Support.  This is because the Carrier does not send back the A=Inactive attribute within the 200 OK SDP. 

upgrade the IOS to 15.2(1)T or 15.2(1)TX which has the new feature of Mid-call Re-INVITE Consumption:

FYI: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/15-2mt/cube-midcall-reinvite.html.

You need to to configure following:

voice service voip

sip

mid-call signaling passthru media-change

Wednesday, September 5, 2012 5:16 AM