The way to reserve windows update after reboot. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Our company has a solution to update windows update(using WUA). And it is still over-performed when using TrustedInstaller or Windows Update Service, slow, and 100% cpu peak.

Can I have the way to download and install after shutdown or reboot about each of update packages?

I found RebootRequired optoin in WUA api, but it is read-only.

Thank you for your concern.

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 4:46 AM

Answers

• You can have a look at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2835627

Balaji Kundalam

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:10 AM
  • Hi,

>>If the update package is downloaded and installed in working time, the end users give us complaint for slowness.

You may schedule the installation during after working hours. Just tell the users that do not shutdown the computer after work.

Best Regards,

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:52 AM

All replies

• You can have a look at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2835627

Balaji Kundalam

Wednesday, February 24, 2016 5:10 AM
  • I think it's only the way to run the delayed shutdown or reboot.

I only want to force to reboot, and while shutting down, let the update download, and installed.

If the update package is downloaded and installed in working time,

the end users give us complaint for slowness.

• Edited by yangil06 Thursday, February 25, 2016 1:25 AM
    Thursday, February 25, 2016 1:24 AM
  • Hi,

>>If the update package is downloaded and installed in working time, the end users give us complaint for slowness.

You may schedule the installation during after working hours. Just tell the users that do not shutdown the computer after work.

Best Regards,

Steven Lee Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:52 AM