Remove a location from Other Web Locations RRS feed

• Question

• In Outlook, if I attach a file in a message, at the bottom of the dropdown list of recent files is "Browse Web Locations" in that is a link "Other Web Locations" and in that is a recent folder www.ewwj.org/DEV that I have no idea why it is there.

How do I clean up my 'other web locations'? How do I delete that link?

I realize I can turn off 'Other Web Locations' so it won't display, but I'd rather know how it got there and get rid of it the right way.

First time posting, if I am in the wrong forum please let me know a better forum. I originally posted on answers dot microsoft and they told me to post here.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:19 AM
    Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

I did lots of research but haven't found official articles about the option "Other web locations". Have you tried clicking on that recent folder to see where it exactly locates?

Based on my experience, some sites such as OneDrive or SharePoint websites which binds to your account or some network location which you have access to would possibly show in these options.

Please check the Connected Services via File > Office Account.

I also search settings for both Outlook client and web mail. There seems to be no such a built-in option to remove a location from Other Web Locations.

Considering this situation, I’d like to recommend you visit the Outlook user voice forum: https://outlook.uservoice.com/ to post your concern and feedback.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 2:19 AM
  • Thanks for the reply.

If I click on the folder in question, it opens the normal 'insert file' dialog box.

If I click File> Office Account, under connected services it shows "One Drive" and "Sites" (I assume share point)

I would think 'sites' should show up under the one drive in 'browse locations' not under 'other web locations'

Thoughts?

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:03 PM
  • My one drive is empty. My share point is empty. Both show no recent files, folders, or sites.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 4:12 PM
  • I did lots of research and haven’t found related articles regarding where these records stored. According to the description in this link, the Browse Web Locations option in Outlook is designed by default to recognize your OneDrive, OneDrive for Business or SharePoint locations.

If you really concern about this, we can create a new profile to test if you can still see this path.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 17, 2019 4:46 AM
  • Under manage profiles, show profiles, then add a profile? Is that what you're thinking?

I guess my concern is, I don't recognize the web address and I don't know HOW it showed up there.
    Friday, May 17, 2019 3:45 PM
  • I can totally understand your feelings.

Yes, I was wondering if creating a new profile will have some improvements.

Currently, I haven't found official reports about this. As mentioned above, normally, these Recent folders come from your visiting history, locations from your OneDrive or SharePoint. It's hard to directly tell why this location appears. Maybe you accidentally click on some link before. And there seems to be no built-in option to remove this history record.

Normally, many settings are stored under "Outlook" or "Office" Registry key. If we reset this key, many custom settings including your profile information will be reset. If you really want to delete this location, we may try this:

(Important Follow the steps in this section carefully. Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before you modify it, back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.

1. In Registry Editor, go to this path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0

2. Rename this key to \x.0-old

3. Restart Outlook and reconfigure your account.

I’ll see if I can find anything else useful. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, May 20, 2019 6:40 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2019 6:39 AM