Information management policy not working! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi -

I have set up a retention policy on a content type on a top level site.

I am using this content type on several libraries in a sub site.

I have made sure that site policy and Library and Folder based retention is Activated in the site collection feature.

I have also made sure that 2 timer jobs - Information management policy and expiration policy is set correctly (to test I have also run them manually).

This issue I am having is, start a workflow event that is set in the policy is NOT getting triggered.

Upon checking in the library settings>Information management Policy I see this

Upon checking on the content type that is added to this library I see this

To test further,

I have also tried "Move to Recycle Bin" Action and also tried by creating a test document library with the retention policy on that library.

It seems like the Retention Policy is NOT working at all.

What am I missing here?

- Prabinesh

• Edited by Prabines Thursday, March 8, 2018 4:02 AM
    Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Linda -

I have resolved the issue.

The reason for the information management policy to not trigger the workflow was because the information management policy that was on the content type (sub site level) was limited to that particular sub site only.

Upon creating the content type on the top level site collection and publishing globally, I noticed I was able to trigger the workflow.

In our case, creating the existing content type on the top level was not acceptable so ended up creating information management policy on list / library level. This solution is working, however I need to create individual policies for each list / library.

- Prabinesh

Prabinesh

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Prabinesh,

Please check whether you have run these timer jobs successfully.

Run the "Information management policy" timer job. Wait for some time and navigate to Job History to ensure there is no error when running this timer job. Once it has been successfully completed, run "Expiration policy". Also, ensure its status is Succeed without any error.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 9, 2018 6:36 AM
  • Hi Linda -

I have resolved the issue.

The reason for the information management policy to not trigger the workflow was because the information management policy that was on the content type (sub site level) was limited to that particular sub site only.

Upon creating the content type on the top level site collection and publishing globally, I noticed I was able to trigger the workflow.

In our case, creating the existing content type on the top level was not acceptable so ended up creating information management policy on list / library level. This solution is working, however I need to create individual policies for each list / library.

- Prabinesh

Prabinesh

Friday, March 9, 2018 1:42 PM
  • Hi,

I’m glad you have found the resolution.

You can mark your resolution as the answer. It will help others who meet the same issue in this forum.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:15 AM