none
Adding OSFeatures (or OSRoles) by MDT DB and MDT DB Roles RRS feed

• Question

• In my MDT DB I created two roles: "Computer Client" and "Computer Client Admin" (a subset of the first).

I would like that all client pc get Net Framework 3 (and other features) installed and the Admin PCs get also XpsViewer (and other features) installed.

In the Details Pane of the two MDT DB Roles I configured the setting "OSFeatures" as follow:

Computer Client: NetFx3,TIFFIFilter,...
    Computer Client Admin: Microsoft-Hyper-V-Management-PowerShell,ScanManagementConsole,Xps-Foundation-Xps-Viewer,...

But:

1. it is correct that OSFeatures settings coming from all sources (computer, all relevant MDT DB roles, ...) will be combined as happens for Applications? or some settings win against other settings?
    2. It is possible to configures SkipRoles=YES for those roles in MDT DB? seems that SkipRoles column is missing from DB and in details pane...
    3. if I leave SkipRoles=NO in CustomSettings.ini, am I supposed to see as checked the OSFeatures selected by MDT DB as it happens for Application Wizard Page? apparently this doens't happens, but maybe I did something wrong...

Apparently things don't go as expected (nothing is installed) and I don't know where to start to search.

Any light is appreciated.

Friday, December 15, 2017 11:37 AM