Embedded images in HTML signature not showing in signature RRS feed

• Question

• Has anyone managed to get an HTML signature working with embedded images on Outlook 2016 for Mac?
    I have an applescript that creates the signature, once added it would show the signature correctly in the Outlook signature editor. However when I try to use the signature, the images do not get displayed in the email. See attached screenshot.
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, July 9, 2018 1:20 AM
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Jade,

>>I have an applescript that creates the signature

Does this issue only happen to signature created by appscript?

I'm not familiar with appscript. In case there is something wrong with this signature, we could create a signature with picture manually via Outlook client to check if same issue occurs. You could refer to this article regarding how to create a signature on Outlook for Mac.

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, July 9, 2018 1:33 AM
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 6:46 AM
  • Hi Jade,

Any updates with this issue? Have you found the fix?

If you have further concern, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 9, 2018 1:33 AM
  • Hi Perry,

Yes it only happens if the signature is created using the applescript. When creating the signature manually, then pictures get added to the email and the recipient can see it as well, but for some reason we cannot get the pictures to layout properly when doing it that way. We used to have the users manually create their signatures in Word and then copy and paste the signature into Outlook 2011 signature editor, Since Office 2016 for Mac we have been struggling to get the signatures to appear properly and thus resorted to script instead. If I don't embed the images into the script and host the images on a web server instead then just point src to the http address of the images then the images appear correct but the problem is that Outlook's default setting is to disable automatic downloading of pictures so this causes a problem when users are sending to external clients.

Monday, July 9, 2018 6:14 AM
  • Hi,

>>but for some reason we cannot get the pictures to layout properly when doing it that way. 

Do you want the logo located at the left-middle location of the text?

When I tested in my Outlook 2016 for Mac, I create a table first and then put picture and text into suitable cells. After doing that, I right click the table and choose “Borders and Shading…” and set to None.

Besides, if you take a screenshot of the signature and then just insert the picture into signature, will it work correctly? 

Please feel free to post back if there are any updates.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, July 9, 2018 7:44 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2018 7:42 AM
  • I do have a template of the signature in Word with the tables, when trying to copy and paste anything next to each other in the Outlook signature editor, it doesn't allow it. Due to this, it was my previous solution to edit the template in Word, take a screenshot and then paste it into the signature editor, but the problem is that the pictures need to be downloaded by the recipient which is undesirable.

Basically I need to find out how to have Outlook 2016 for Mac work with embedded HTML images because any other method tried has failed. I know the HTML code is correct because the signature appears correctly in the Outlook signature editor preview but when adding the signature to an email it removes the pictures.

Monday, July 9, 2018 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

>>but the problem is that the pictures need to be downloaded by the recipient which is undesirable.

What do you mean "downloaded by the recipient"? When I tested on my side, the picture shows correctly for both internal and external recipients.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:34 AM
  • Hi, when I say it needs to be downloaded, it looks like the below example until the recipient downloads. Even if I get a reply from the recipient I have to download the images for my own signature. If the whole signature is a picture, it would ask the same.

• Edited by Jade-XavantSA Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:49 AM screenshot was missing
    Wednesday, July 11, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update. 

I've researched a lot and haven't found official articles regarding how Outlook 2016 for Mac work with embedded images.

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook desktop client, I'm not familiar with appscript. I'd like to recommend you to consult customer from Google AppScript to check if there are something wrong with the code.

Regards,

Perry

• Edited by Perry-Pan Friday, July 13, 2018 7:52 AM
    Friday, July 13, 2018 7:50 AM