Cannot upload video to SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• So far i have only created Document libraries, but i now have a video to upload.  It will not let me upload.  What type of webpart do i need to create to upload .wmv files? I am the administrator for the page.

CubanRumLover
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 10:33 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It is coming because your file size is too large and you have to increase uploading file size limit (default is 50 MB).

Go to central admin--->Application Management-->web application general settings--->select your web application--->set "Maximum Upload Size" limit upto 800 MB.

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, February 14, 2011 7:13 AM
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

You have to check couple of things here

1. What is size of your video file?

2. Are you getting any error while uploading it?

3. Go to CA-->operation tab-->Blocked file type -->check here whether file extension is blocked or not

4. Please check the SP log from 12 hive for this issue

Please confirm above points

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:04 AM
  • Upload your video in document library, if that video file extension not allowed to upload into document library then add that file extension from central admin. Then use CEWP(Contet Editor WebPart) on the page and add flash script there, give path of video file to flash object.

Also refer this post for reference

Embedded video in sharepoint

Embed a Video into a SharePoint Page

w: http://www.worldofsharepoint.com | t: @sharesandip
    • Edited by Sandip Patil Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:09 AM typo
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 11:07 AM
  • 1 They are 205 and 761mb

2 The error reads 'The form submission cannot be processed because it exceeded the maximum length allowed by the Web administrator. Please resubmit the form with less data'.

3 and 4 - sorry i haven't a clue

CubanRumLover
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:25 PM
  • I know that .wma can be uploaded as there are already some uploaded on another page.

I'm really hoping that someone can explain it in simple terms to a non-techi person.

CubanRumLover
    Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:28 PM
  • Hi,

It is coming because your file size is too large and you have to increase uploading file size limit (default is 50 MB).

Go to central admin--->Application Management-->web application general settings--->select your web application--->set "Maximum Upload Size" limit upto 800 MB.

Hope it could help

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Monday, February 14, 2011 7:13 AM
    Thursday, February 3, 2011 4:33 AM