Error when browsing to a site RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

For some of the sites that I browse through, I get the below error:

HTTP/1.1 404 Connection: close Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 11:20:38 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 MicrosoftSharePointTeamServices: 12.0.0.6300 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET.

Any idea why this error pops up?

Shonilchi..

Thursday, April 12, 2012 11:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Follow these steps:

1. Do a SQL restart.

2. RESET IIS

Try again browsing the sites if the issue still persists execute sharepoint configuration wizard.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:52 AM
  • So some of your sites are working, others not? All using the same SQL server, right?

I've seen it before but it has been a while. If none of the other recs work,  check the App Pools for the sites that aren't working. Are they all sharing the same App Pool? If so, create a new pool for each application, and assign it to the site in IIS. Make sure that the App Pool service account is one that has SQL access. Compare it to the app pool of a site that's working.

Hope that helps,

Scott

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:18 PM

All replies

• What version of SharePoint are you on?

That error usually means a database connectivity issue. Check SQL, make sure the SQL databases are there for each site

@DavidLozzi
    DavidLozzi.com
    About.me

Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:28 PM
  • "some of the sites" - are you sure database is attached and not offline.

Some times restarting SQL server makes such error go away.

Regards, Vishwas

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:15 AM
  • Hi,

Follow these steps:

1. Do a SQL restart.

2. RESET IIS

Try again browsing the sites if the issue still persists execute sharepoint configuration wizard.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:52 AM
  • So some of your sites are working, others not? All using the same SQL server, right?

I've seen it before but it has been a while. If none of the other recs work,  check the App Pools for the sites that aren't working. Are they all sharing the same App Pool? If so, create a new pool for each application, and assign it to the site in IIS. Make sure that the App Pool service account is one that has SQL access. Compare it to the app pool of a site that's working.

Hope that helps,

Scott

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:18 PM