Vista will not boot with MagicDisk installed. RRS feed

• Question

• If you don't know MagicDisk is a program that manages virtual CD/DVD drives. It had been working perfectly until I installed Roxio CD Creator for my sister, which led to the start up getting frozen loading drivers. Windows would not fully boot, instead would sit on a black screen until you shut down. I uninstalled magic disk after finding out that it caused the computer not to start. I have not uninstalled Roxio and I want to put magic disk back, however even with Roxio gone, my computer still will not boot. So I went back to safe mode and uninstalled. The kicker is, Magic Disk was working fine. I was playing games without the DVD, Roxio was not installed but I couldn't start windows with the driver for magic disk installed. It worked perfectly before I installed Roxio. (could boot up without problems)
    Any suggestions?

Thursday, December 13, 2007 7:36 PM

All replies

• I have MagicDisk installed too but not Roxio... I have been able to start up windows Vista But now i cant... IDK what the problem but all i know is that it is happening to mee too
    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:31 PM
  • The issue is with Roxio's drag to disk.   Uninstall dragtodisk then reinstall magicdisk.  
    Sunday, January 6, 2008 2:15 AM