none
Install errors, boot errors. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm inundated with vast numbers of errors during install, and on subsequent boots of UAG. Ignoring the 461 errors (mostly sql) and 24 warnings in the event log, it's the ones during boot that bother me.

Report Server Windows Service (ISARS): Report Server Windows Service (ISARS) cannot connect to the report server database.

Kernel-Event-Trap: Session "Forefront_UAG" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Post update 1 the errors remain.

After initial configuration errors change to the below:

Faulting application name: MonitorMgrCom.exe, version: 4.0.1152.100, time stamp: 0x4bbeafa8

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000

Faulting process id: 0x920

Faulting application start time: 0x01caf371f039927b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\common\bin\MonitorMgrCom.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report Id: 37529366-5f65-11df-8c3a-001143fe0aef

The World Wide Web Publishing Service service depends on the Microsoft Forefront UAG Session Manager service which failed to start because of the following error: 

The dependency service or group failed to start.

The Microsoft Forefront UAG User Manager service depends on the Microsoft Forefront UAG Monitoring Manager service which failed to start because of the following error: 

The operation completed successfully.

The Microsoft Forefront UAG Session Manager service depends on the Microsoft Forefront UAG Monitoring Manager service which failed to start because of the following error: 

The operation completed successfully.

The Microsoft Forefront UAG Monitoring Manager service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Kernel-Event-Trap: Session "Forefront_UAG" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Is it just to do with startup order or can they be fixed? Fresh install on re-imaged server makes no difference.

Friday, May 14, 2010 2:37 PM

Answers

• This looks like a conflict between an existing component and UAG. It may be possible to troubleshoot this, but it's easier and more reliable to just install UAG cleanly on a fresh installation of Windows Server 2008 R2. If you have tried to install UAG on a computer that has already been running TMG or UAG, this could be the cause of your issue (sometimes, even if you have uninstalled all the previous products). If, on the other hand, you have installed UAG on a computer that has been (or is currently) in use for other functions, then this could be a major source for problems, and is generally unsupported.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:50 PM

All replies

• This looks like a conflict between an existing component and UAG. It may be possible to troubleshoot this, but it's easier and more reliable to just install UAG cleanly on a fresh installation of Windows Server 2008 R2. If you have tried to install UAG on a computer that has already been running TMG or UAG, this could be the cause of your issue (sometimes, even if you have uninstalled all the previous products). If, on the other hand, you have installed UAG on a computer that has been (or is currently) in use for other functions, then this could be a major source for problems, and is generally unsupported.
    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:50 PM
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 11:50 PM
  • The server is a fresh install of R2. Install windows, configure network cards and then run windows update to patch. There is nothing else and no other roles on it. The errors persist, despite trying another fresh install of windows and multiple installs of UAG after restoring the complete machine to the base install.

The service errors are intermittent, the application error happens on most boots.

Thursday, May 20, 2010 9:20 AM
  • Hi Guys,

I have the exact same problem.

Completely fresh install of UAG, on a completely fresh copy of Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Did you ever work out a fix or cause?

Friday, July 23, 2010 4:30 AM
  • Hi,

I also have a similar problem. I have just upgraded the first of a 2 node UAG 2010 array to UAG SP1 Update 1 (KB2585140) and UAG Rollup 1 (KB2647899). I have also upgraded TMG to SP2 (KB2555840) and TMG Rollup 1 (KB2649961) on the same node. Prior to the upgrade, I removed this node from the array and ran the other node as a standalone server so as not to interrupt production access to portals and DirectAccess.

The main reason for the upgrade was to eliminate random reboots that were occurring on this node. I did try the workaround (netsh tmg set global name=disablendisregistration value=1 persistent) as suggested here:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/forefrontedgeiag/thread/7efd27d3-3e38-4cd1-81a6-26fec42aac69.

However, that resulted in the DirectAccess 6to4 adapter being reported as unhealthy and generating Ipsec DosP errors, so I reverted that 'workaround'. Now, after upgrading the node to all the latest updates and rollups I am now getting The Microsoft Forefront UAG Session Manager service terminated unexpectedly in the System errors 4-5 times every minute.

I don't want to rebuild the server from scratch again as I am fed up with rebuilding UAG servers when there is a error or problem (which seems to be every time you make a change). Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Thanks.

Phil Martin

Thursday, March 1, 2012 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

I raised a call with Microsoft Premier Support regarding this issue and after investigation is was the World Wide Web Publishing Service that had been set to Manual by one of the upgrades. Setting this to Automatic and rebooting the server fixed the issue.

Hope that this is useful to you.

Regards.

Phil Martin

• Edited by mb037 Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:08 PM
    Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:08 PM
  • I am having this issue after Apply the latest MS Security Bulletins.

Dependencies, check all to verify they are started or not started:
     - Microsoft Forefront UAG Session Manager - No
    Microsoft Forefront UAG Log Server - Yes
    Microsoft Forefront UAG Monitoring Manager - Yes
    Microsoft Forefront UAG User Manager - Yes
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Yes
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     - Microsoft Forefront UAG File Sharing - No
    Microsoft Forefront UAG Log Server - Yes
    Remote Procedure Call (RPC) - Yes
    World Wide Web Publishing Service - No
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
     - World Wide Web Publishing Service - No
    HTTP - Seems to be fine.
    Microsoft Forefront UAG Session Manager - No
    Windows Process Activation Service - Yes

With the Microsoft Forefront UAG Session Manager service not starting it is the reason the other two services are not starting.  Anyone seen this after applying the latest MS Security Bulletins?  We are currently on TMG 2010 SP2, Forefront UAG SP1 Update 1,  HotFix Rollup 1 for Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) 2010 Service Pack 1 Update 1 and HotFix KB2524478.

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:22 PM