setup.exe has stopped working. RRS feed

• Question

• when trying to install pc cd it will not let me then says setup.exe has stopped working. a problem caused the program to stop working coreectly. windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availabable

But then it still does not give me a solution can someone please help  me??? thankyou

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Saturday, August 7, 2010 11:50 PM Moved to proper forum category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 7:25 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you specify which program are you trying to install from the CD? Which version?

I suggest install it in compatible mode first. Please locate the installer, right click on it->properties->under Compatability Tab, select Run in compatible mode for (the Windows that the software is claimed compatible with).

If it is an updated software, please uninstall all the previous software installed on the system and try again.

In case this behavior is caused by other software confliction. I suggest that you temporary disable the anti-virus and firewall. Then try to install again. If the issue persists, boot in Clean Boot Mode to troubleshoot.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Magon Liu Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:51 AM
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:17 AM