none
Accepted Domain configuration (Duplicate email accounts in existing domain)

Question

• Hi

Product : On premises Exchange server 2013 Stand.

Query : Existing server have same email which we have on accepted domain.

Example : info@zzzzzzzzz.com / info@yyyyyyyy.com

I created email box in the server with same UPN name, it will be modifying automatically to info1@yyyyyyyy.com.

Need your help to close my task.

Gangadhar.K 

Saturday, March 3, 2018 12:33 PM

All replies

• Hi Gangadhar.k,

From your description, we know you don’t get the mailbox you want when create a new mailbox which has a same UPN with the mailbox has in your domain. 

We want to confirm with you: what is the  info1@yyyyyyyy.com, UPN or email address?

I do some testing for you in my lab:
    1. My domain is contoso.com.
    2. Create a Accept Domain test.com, then user email address policy to change demo3@contoso.com to demo3@test.com.
    3. Change the demo3’s UPN to demo3@test.com. (If I don’t change it UPN to test.com, I will cannot create a new mailbox whose UPN is demo3@contoso.com)
    4. Try to create a new mailbox demo3@contoso.com.
    In fact, the new mailbox’s email address is changed to demo31@contoso.com and it’s UPN is still demo3@contoso.com. 

So, what you meet is a normal phenomenon, we cannot create two mailboxes which have same UPN, because UPN is unique.     

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018 11:52 AM
  • Hi Gangadhar.k,

Any update now?
    If the above suggestion helps, please be free to mark it as answer.

Regards,

Kyle Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 9, 2018 4:52 AM