Load Virtual Application Failed RRS feed

• Question

• I recently sequenced oracle 10g admin tools, it completed successfully. I tried loading the sequence into SCCM and got the error "Load virtual application failure" followed by "Error: Argument 'Picture' must be a picture that can be used as a icon"

Does anyone have a clue what it is going on here?
    Matt Summer
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hey Matthew

Found a "solution" to our problem. We had a couple of icon files which were 8bit, not 32 bit, which SCCM requires. So we just copied 2 32bit icons and renamed them to the same name as the 8bit ones. This solved the issue for us! :P

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Sunday, November 18, 2012 5:31 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Hi Toreven,

I never found a solution per say as i ended up just removing the troubleshome applications (thankfully they weren't required).

On a side not i found that keeping the application in the sequence but deleting the icons from all programs and start menu, then i could open the virtual application no problem with a scripted call to appv.

Matt Summer
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:30 AM

All replies

• That is a new one to me!

With the Dedicated server for streaming virtual apps, we sometimes see an issue with applications that have icons that are not square, but rectangular.  Perhaps there is a similar issue with SCCM App-V deployments.
    Friday, November 6, 2009 1:47 AM
  • It is pretty strange. I started going through the manifest.xml file and removing apps, i was able to find the problem ones. Looking at the properties of the icons they were no real differences between working ones and not.

Matt Summer
    Friday, November 6, 2009 9:54 AM
  • Hey Matthew

Did you ever figure out a solution to this? Having the same problem with two of our apps. There's a guy at appdeploy.com which meant that the issue was that the icons were 16bit and not 32bit??

Thanks

Monday, November 22, 2010 3:59 PM
  • Hi Toreven,

I never found a solution per say as i ended up just removing the troubleshome applications (thankfully they weren't required).

On a side not i found that keeping the application in the sequence but deleting the icons from all programs and start menu, then i could open the virtual application no problem with a scripted call to appv.

Matt Summer
    • Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 7:30 AM
  • Hey Matthew

Found a "solution" to our problem. We had a couple of icon files which were 8bit, not 32 bit, which SCCM requires. So we just copied 2 32bit icons and renamed them to the same name as the 8bit ones. This solved the issue for us! :P

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:14 PM
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:04 PM
  • Great find toreven. Something else to be added to the documentation...(hint hint MS)
    Matt Summer
    Friday, November 26, 2010 7:27 AM