Can't connect to Proclarity Web Pro RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hello,

I have the following configuration:

=> SQL 2005

=> Proclarity Analytics Server 6.3 (on the same server than SQL 2005)

=> Proclarity Standard

=> Proclarity Web Pro

To connect to Proclarity Web Pro, I open Proclarity Web Standard and then open a report by navigating through libraries and books.

Usually, Proclarity Web Pro opens without problem. But sometimes (I can't locate the cause), the window opens and stays white, without opening Proclarity Web Pro. Usually opening another report correct the problem...

Does anyone had the same problem in the past ? Can it be linked with authentification ?

Thanks a lot,

Alexis

Thursday, December 13, 2007 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hello Alexis,

If this happens sometimes and not others I'd be curious to know if you can pinpoint whether it happens with briefing book pages, My Views, or both.  Also, does it happen for every user, just a few in particular, will it occur for the same user on one pc but not on another pc?  I have seen this anomaly a few times in the past, sometimes it has to do with UserIDs, other times pop-up blockers interfere.  If you get back to me with a bit more information maybe we can uncover where your failure is occuring.

Thanks so much,

Amanda Ruffner

Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:30 PM

All replies

• Hello Alexis,

If this happens sometimes and not others I'd be curious to know if you can pinpoint whether it happens with briefing book pages, My Views, or both.  Also, does it happen for every user, just a few in particular, will it occur for the same user on one pc but not on another pc?  I have seen this anomaly a few times in the past, sometimes it has to do with UserIDs, other times pop-up blockers interfere.  If you get back to me with a bit more information maybe we can uncover where your failure is occuring.

Thanks so much,

Amanda Ruffner

Thursday, December 13, 2007 8:30 PM
  • Hello Amanda,

Thank you for your help.

As far as I want, I have deployed the product to three users in the company and all of them have the same problem. I have made some tests on the "My Views" folder and it seems to work fine.

I have to test if it occurs on the same user on another pc, I will let you know about it... The thing is it seems to happen randomly, so it is difficult to identify...

I'll get back to you in the near future to give you more infos.

Cheers,

Regards,

Alexis

Monday, December 17, 2007 9:31 AM
  • I have the same problem with Proclarity Web Professional 6.3

Although installed last patch (PAS 6.3 2215)

I analyzed and found some clues.

- The source code of white window pointed this line: /en/src/PCompLoadRich.asp, Line 49

- The line with problem is: Set FavsObj = MyUserObj.GetFavorites()

- If I remark that line Proclarity Web Pro Client works with an error (Couldn't load My Views)

How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Erkal Hascan

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:52 AM
  • Hello Erkal,

Our developers addressed this exact issue with the 2215 hotfix.  Can you please verify that the Professional files have been successfully updated by running a Diagnostic check?  (Start / Programs / ProClarity / ProClarity Diagnostic Tool).  You should notice a handful of 6.3.2215 files within your log.

Amanda

Thursday, July 10, 2008 8:31 PM
  •  

Hi Amanda,

We have resolved the blank page problem (described previously in this post) by upgrading to client hotfix 2215 - Thanks for the guidance.

Our PAS server is still on 6.3.2209.138. Does the PAS server have to be upgraded to 2215 to be in line with the PRO client hotfix version applied? I still have to read up on the 2215 PAS hotfix before applying it to our Production server.

Another problem we are experiencing is when the web client URL is modifed with the PCompLoadRich option (for those who didn't know; this opens the resultant report in a Desktop Professional mode embedded in the browser).

The report opens as expected using the Browser Address Bar. If I paste this URL as a hyperlink in SharePoint it works as well. All good so far.

However if a different ProClarity user clicks on the SharePoint hyperlink, it begins to redirect to the embedded ProClarity report but almost immediately displays a "page cannot be displayed" error. This appears to happen at the point when my working session would have displayed a small popup "Loading My Views from http://MachineName..."

Initially appeared to be a permissions problem. Only 1 other user who also has Administrator rights like myself can open any reports hyperlinked in SharePoint. All other users (who have Reader permissions) fail to open the SharePoint hyperlinked report. If I change 1 of the users from Reader to Administrator permissions, they still cannot open the SharePoint hyperlinked report. So I am not too sure that it is user permissions after all.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Charles.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 2:05 PM
  • Charles,

The Pro clients do not need to match the server product versions.  I recommend getting the latest versions for both - 6.3.2216 at this time.  I highly recommend updating your server products from 2209 to the latest version. 

Just to be clear, you have some users who cannot open Web Professional due to an error.  Does the error occur in the pop-up Window for Web Pro?  You might try putting the everyone group in the PAS admin role to eliminate PAS security from the equation.  Also, do they get the error if they already have Pro installed?  If they don't have it installed, you could manually install it, then repeat the test to check for the error.  This may be a problem with the Web Pro deployment.

-Joey

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 11:13 PM