none
MSI Installs Fail - The requested URL does not exist on the server (0x80190194) RRS feed

• Question

• Running into a strange error with Intune app installs. I've created the App as a Line of Business app as you would expect and in the same steps in the post here:

https://osddeployment.dk/2017/04/29/how-to-windows-installer-through-mdm-msi-to-windows-10-with-intune-in-azure/

In the Intune console the MSI uploads successfully but after the install finally attempts the following error is returned

The requested URL does not exist on the server (0x80190194)

If i try to install through the company portal, i only get this error.

Where can i find logs to troubleshoot further?

The MSI installs just fine if run locally on the target device but not through Intune.

-DK

Monday, May 21, 2018 5:39 PM

Answers

• Resolved: Was a backend issue. 

Note from CSS was:

The product team was working on a similar issue so I guess as a sideload, they fix our issue.

-DK

• Marked as answer by David (DK) Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:24 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hello David,

To view the log, you can open the Event Viewer, and go to the location: Applications and Services logs - Microsoft - Windows - DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider.

In addition, please make sure the Azure AD user have the local administrator permissions for installing program.

By the way, where did you see the following error, on the Windows device, or Azure Portal?

The requested URL does not exist on the server (0x80190194)

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 7:12 AM
  • Andy,

The logged on user is a local admin.

Other policies and Powershell scripts run Via intune without error. Only Line of Business MSI installs are a problem.

The error message "The requested URL does not exist on the server (0x80190194)" comes from the Azure Intune Portal. Here:

There isn't much helpful in the log at "Applications and Services logs - Microsoft - Windows - DeviceManagement-Enterprise-Diagnostics-Provider"

Event ID 404

MDM ConfigurationManager: Command failure status. Configuration Source ID: (...), Enrollment Name: (MDMDeviceWithAAD), Provider Name: (Policy), Command Type: (Add: from Replace or Add), CSP URI: (./Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/Security/RequireRetrieveHealthCertificateOnBoot), Result: (Unspecified error).

Event ID 809:

MDM PolicyManager: Set policy int, Policy: (RequireRetrieveHealthCertificateOnBoot), Area: (Security), EnrollmentID requesting set: (...), Current User: (Device), Int: (0x1), Enrollment Type: (0x6), Scope: (0x0), Result:(0x80004005) Unspecified error.

Event ID 820:

MDM PolicyManager: Set policy precheck precheck call. Policy: (Security), Area: (RequireRetrieveHealthCertificateOnBoot), int value: (0x1) Result:(0x80004005) Unspecified error.

-DK

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 2:17 PM
  • This is certainly odd David. Deployment of MSIs is the most basic app functionality of Intune and I've never seen this problem. I don't want to irritate you with daft questions but have you tried a different Chrome MSI or even a different app? If you are having the same problem with ALL MSIs you really should create a MS support case. This could be tenant-specific so it's doubtful anyone on the forum will be able to help you.

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 4:11 PM
  • Hello,

How did you enroll the device? If the device was enrolled without User Affinity, the Company Portal don't work.

The DEM or Bulk enrollment doesn't support User Affinity.

In addition, what's the assignment type for the app, available or required?

Best regards,

Andy Liu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 5:58 AM
  • Andy - The device was joined to my Azure AD domain manually. Not through DEM or Bulk Enrollment.

Gerry - Will take that under advisement and try to open a case with CSS shortly. If i get an answer i can post it here.

-DK

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 2:24 PM
  • I have the exact same error messages when trying to deploy MSI packages. Let me know if CSS could pinpoint the root cause. 
    Friday, May 25, 2018 10:09 AM
  • It's been solved for me, it seems if we require bitlocker on the device there is no way to install applications before encrypting the drive. I didn't find any official docs about this behavior but I can repro the issue/solution in my environment. 
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:11 PM
  • No bitlocker in this environment. So sadly doesn't solve for me. I have a ticket opened with an Escalation Engineer. Will update when we find a solution.

-DK

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 3:29 PM
  • Hi Dk, did you get this resolved with MSFT support? im seeing the same thing!
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 4:17 AM
  • Resolved: Was a backend issue. 

Note from CSS was:

The product team was working on a similar issue so I guess as a sideload, they fix our issue.

-DK

• Marked as answer by David (DK) Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:24 PM
    Thursday, June 7, 2018 8:24 PM
  • We experience the same issue in multiple customer tenants. We have support tickets open since the 18th of June, but no solution yet. Could you share a Support request number with us, in which the solution was found, so we can notify our Support Engineers?
    Thursday, July 5, 2018 5:48 AM
  • It seems to be an issue with Windows 10 1803 (10.0.17134) that have been Azure AD Joined and enrolled with Intune MDM, where the User Credentials are not passed correctly. 

When these devices are only enrolled with Intune MDM (not Azure AD Joined) applications that are assigned to users are installed successfully.

Devices that were Azure AD Joined on Windows 10 versions before 1803 and upgraded to 1803 do not experience these issues.

A workaround was found to assign the Line-of-Business Apps in Intune to Devices instead of Users, the download and installation is then successful.

If you believe you experience the same issue, you should see a lot of errors logged in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > AAD, such as in the screenshot below.

Monday, July 30, 2018 6:19 AM