none
Unable to install anniversary edition

Question

• Dear All,

I have Dell Optiplex 3046 in my home which is certified for Windows 10 anniversary update (http://www.dell.com/support/article/pk/en/pkbsdt1/SLN297954/computers-tested-for-upgrade-to-windows-10-anniversary-update?lang=EN)

I am currently on Windows 10 Education (genuine) Build 10240, its showing Feature update available and also downloads it, but when I restart to install it the updates fail. I have tried using ISO also but ended with 0x1900101 - 0x30018.

At second attempt, I reset the windows and didn't install anything then tried to run the update but same error, even I have tried fresh installation of the same build then tried to install update but same error.

So, no software conflicts, no drivers conflicts, also tried disabling internal hardware from bios like network and sound.

The last option is to download anniversary build but I don't wanna loose my programs once again and also education edition is not available for me in that build.

I have another HP Microtower 6300MT in my office with same education version installed and it updated to anniversary edition without any problem.

Anyhelp appreciated.

Monday, March 27, 2017 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See if suggestions mentioned here helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-anniversary-update-failed-to-install

Let us know if this helps, Good luck!

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Monday, March 27, 2017 6:56 AM
  • The most cause of this error code is:

- Incompatible hardware or driver
    - Incompatible antivirus program

Method 1:
    Disable your antivirus or any other third party firewall / security program. 

Method 2:
    Unplug all connected devices, mice, webcams, printers etc. Drivers for these devices may interfere with the download of your updates.

Method 3:
    Open Command Prompt and run sfc /scannow to check for any damaged system files.

Method 4:
    Make sure you updated all your drivers, check if there BIOS updates for you pc. 

Monday, March 27, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi Ahmar Hayat Khan,

"I have tried using ISO"
    Where did you get the ISO?
    As far as I know, the Education is only available for Volume License. We should download the Education ISO from MSDN Subscrition website. We could boot from the ISO then choose "upgrade" install.
    Windows 10 1607 Education
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/hh442898.aspx#searchTerm=windows%2010%20education&ProductFamilyId=0&Languages=en&FileExtensions=.iso&PageSize=10&PageIndex=0&FileId=0

Please turn off the antivirus software or uninstall it completely if there is a third party antivirus software installed.
    If the issue persists, please check the setup.log(C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther) (hidden)for more information to troubleshoot this issue. If you have troubles in analyzing the log, please upload it to OneDrive and paste the link here. We will try to analyze the log for you.

The last method we could try is to backup the data and perform a clean installation of Windows 10 1607 version.
    Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 2:16 AM