Unable to modify or create new incident template RRS feed

• Question

• The error i'm getting is;

Application Version: 7.5.1561.116
    Severity: Error
    : Database error. MPInfra_p_ManagementPackInstall failed with exception:
    Cannot add ManagementPackReference ManagementPack:[Name=IncidentDescriptionAutoSize, KeyToken=, Version=1.0.0.0]. Unsealed management packs cannot be added as references. Specify a valid sealed management pack reference.

I believe the issue is because our customization management pack is unsealed, however when i try to export it, then open it in authoring tool to seal it, i get this error;

Could not load management pack

[ID=Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console,KeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.1561.116]. The management pack was not found in the store.

Referenced management pack not found:

[Name=Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console, Key Token=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.5.1561.116].

Click OK to manually locate it.

If i browse to locate the copy from here ;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center 2012\Service Manager Authoring\Library

Then i get the not found error again

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:25 PM

Answers

• It's the right version (7.5.1561.116) of Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console in the Library folder?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:04 PM
  • Yes I ended up deleting my customizations, which luckily was just one minor change.
    Friday, September 20, 2013 7:46 PM

All replies

• It's the right version (7.5.1561.116) of Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.ServiceManager.UI.Console in the Library folder?

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:04 PM
  • No it was 7.5.1561.0, I missed that.

the only copy of 7.5.1561.116 I have is in my console, I tried exporting it however I wasn't able to use that one as well. There was no error this time but it would reprompt me to find the file if I did choose to select it.

Do I have to export it and seal it?

Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:10 PM
  • Hey

This MP Version is delivered with the 2nd Release of Update Rollup 3 - so check that source. You need a sealed version of the MP to reference to it. I guess you exported the MP from the console, but this will create an unsealed version which is useless in the Authoring Tool.

Cheers
    Marcel

SCSMfaq // Blog --> http://blog.scsmfaq.ch // Twitter --> #scsmfaq // Business --> http://www.itnetx.ch

Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:37 PM
  • Thanks for your help Marcel,

I redownloaded CU3 and extracted it, however inside was just the msp, trying to extract the msp i only get some dll's. I checked the temp and service manger installation folder for where it would extract to during installation but couldnt find any management packs.

Monday, January 28, 2013 3:14 AM
  • Were you ever able to find a solution for this?  I'm running into the same issue with Operations Manager.

Thanks.

Friday, September 20, 2013 7:34 PM
  • I'd bet money that you have customized a form (or something else maybe) and did not seal the MP that the customization is in.  

- Get on the floor, do that dinosaur

Friday, September 20, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Yes I ended up deleting my customizations, which luckily was just one minor change.
    Friday, September 20, 2013 7:46 PM